Chapter 9 - The reason I protect him

Len's POV

I have a perfect plan.Although it's very hard.

But the cat said I should do it. It'll feed my jealousy for eternity. That's what the cat said.

Our town has a river that flows through it. Not so far upstream, there is a hydropower. It's old and not used anymore, because there's a newer one downstream. The river only flows through turbines.

I can use it to make everyone in the town pay me. There will be two guests who will watch all of this. I'll have to abduct one of them, while the other one will come anyway.

I can't wait.

*****

Rin's POV

I'm at the police office.

Yesterday, a man from the police came to my house and said I should come here as soon as possible.

So, here I am.

The inspector called me into his office. I sat on a big, soft chair in front of him.

"Hello. Your name is Kagamine Rin, am I right?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Well, Kagamine-san, we have some questions for you." he took some folders from a shelf and put them on the table. Then, he sat on his chair.

"We believe that your brother, Kagamine Len, has something to do with the accidents that occured in last few weeks." he took one of the folders: "First, somebody had put firecrackers on a playground and a lot of children has been hurted. You know about this one since you were on the playground at that time" he took the other one and showed me: "The other one is poisoning Hatsune-san. It wasn't an outdated milk or something simillar. A powerful drug was found in the milk she drank." And then the last one: "And now, somebody had put fire to house of Lily-san, and she was also injured."

He stopped speking for a moment

"Now, we think that your brother is responsible. People said that they had seen him during all of these crimes." he said after a few seconds. "Do you know anything about this?"

I shook my head: "No."

He sighed. "We've head that he had tried to strangle you."

How do they know about that? I told Kaito and Gakupo that I don't want anybody to know!

"It must be a wrong information" I kept my voice flat. Like that, I'll hide the fact that he relly did that.

"We've also heard that he had been acting stange lately. Is this true?"

I couldn't lie on this one. I mean, it's too obvious, right? But I can't tell them the truth either. So I said this:

"Yes, but he has been strange ever since birth." the inspector wanted to say something but I raised my hand and said: "And if you think that I am defending him because he's my brother or because I'm scared of him, you are wrong."

Yep, seems like I guessed what he wanted to ask.

After a few seconds he nodded. "Okay, I understand. Thank you for your collaboration. You can go now."

I left the office.

And you know what? I didn't even lie about the last thing I said to him.

I'm not afraid of Len. And I'm not defending him because he's my brother.

I'm defending him because I don't want the police to get him before I punish him.