Chapter 7 - Toluene

Len's POV

"...PARADICHLOROBENZENE"

Again, the cat finished its speech and disappeared into the darkness.

This time, it's going to be much better, but maybe not as glorious as the one before. But one of them is going to pay me for everything.

...

That's the right house. And it seems like it's empty, which makes things much easier. Plus, the owner has left one of the windows opened.

I climbed up to the window and carefully entered the house. I had been there more than once, so I knew where the kitchen is. I went there and opened the fridge.

I was wondering what drink would be the most suitable for this. Maybe milk... Everybody drinks milk for the breakfast, right?

I put my hand in pocket and took a little bottle out. The liquid inside was shining almost like there was a light inside. I smiled when I saw it.

I've opened the bottle and poured the liquid into the milk.
I can't wait for my victim to drink that.

**********

Rin's POV

"Thank you very much!" I said to my friends.

It was already evening when we finished with the work. Miku, Luka, Kaito, Meiko, Gakupo, Gumi and Ia came to my house and helped me to clean up the mess. I was very lazy to do that before... Yeah, I've lived in a total mess for three weeks. I didn't touch anything ever since Len destroyed our home.

"We're always here to help!" Gumi winked. "Whenever it is, whatever it is, friends are there to save you from problems!"

I smiled. She was such a cheerful person, I would always feel better when shes around.

I offered them some drinks in my new living room. We sat down and talked about happy things, trying not to think about Len.

Except Luka. She was staring in her glass of water and it seemed like she had spaced out. But I didn't want to interrupt her if she was thinking about some important things.

Not so long after that, they left for their homes. However, Luka stayed a bit longer. When we were alone, she asked:

"How are things between you and Len?"

I think I lost my voice at that moment. I couldn't answer... And I didn't know what my answer would be.

She understood that. "I see."

She put her half-full glass on the table.

"Be careful." she said. "Not just because he could do a lot of things. You might do them too."

I was confused. "What do you mean?"

"You might become like him. So, please, be careful" she stood up. "And if you need any help with that problem, ask me. I'll be 'Toluene'."

I was surprised with this, but I nodded in agreement. "Thank you, Luka-san"

Then, she finally smiled. I said goodbye to her and she left.
I sat on the sofa and tared thinking about her words, about Len, about everything.

He has become such a monster. I can't accept that. He's filled with jealousy and hatred. A person like that shouldn't exist. No, that's not a person at all... It's just a creature called 'homo sapiens'.

I suddenly spotted a notebook on the table. It was Miku's. She drew there all the ideas how my house should look like,but she also wrote there some songs. It's very important to her. I'll go to her house in the morning and bring it back, I'm too tired right now...

In the morning, I left the house and went to the city, to Miku's house. I rang on the door. No one answered. I thought she might be still asleep. I rang again. And again. And again. Then I started calling out for her.

"Miku-chan! Miku-chan, are you there?!"

She didn't answer. Then, I accidently pushed the doors and they opened. They weren't locked. I slowly entered the house.

"Miku-chan!"

No answer.

I searched the house. It was very strange. She wouldn't leave her doors unlocked if she went out, and knowing her, she would never forget to lock them. I went to the kitchen.

"Mi..." I froze at that place.

Miku was there lying on the floor. Next to her was spilled milk and the bottle.

"Miku!"

I ran to her and touched her neck to check her puls. God, thank you, she was still alive!

I called the ambulance.

I smelled the milk. It had a strange scent. Somebody had put something in it! Poison, it looked like that.

No... Why is this happening? Who would...

Len.

I felt anger in my chest. It exploded and made me tremble wanting to find him and make him pay for this. Miku was my best friend.

The ambulance came and took her. A lot of people came to see what was happening. But they only found out that a girl had collapsed. I knew the truth.

In the crowd I could see him. He came to enjoy the act.

I didn't go after him. Not now. It's not the right time.

Our eyes met for a moment. I saw an evil smile before he magically disappeared...