Chapter 1

"Mom, I hate Leo. Why do we have to go?" Abby whines.

"We need to grow closer and do more stuff together." Jennifer responds.

"Dad." Abby groans.

"Abby, we will make you spend more time with Leo if you keep up this behavior.  You can hang out with Clara and Alex." Jennifer snaps.

"Hey, Jenn, lighten up. It's a vacation." Ashton says, placing a hand on his wife's thigh, staring at her intently.

"Dad... Dad... Dad!" Bay shrieks.

Ashton looks up to the road, swerving  fast.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin keep your eyes on the road!" Jennifer yells.

"Are we there yet?" Brently asks.

Abby groans, resting her head on the window next to her.

"Almost buddy. Let me just turn the corner and..." Ashton turns left. "Here we are. Your home for the next two weeks."

"Why could've we just stayed
In Sydney? Did we really have to fly all the way up to America for this?" Abby groans.

"Abigail Jane Irwin stop complaining right now!" Jennifer snaps.

"Hey Jenn babe, relax. Wanna unpack? That always cools you down." Ashton says, taking a suitcase and placing a hand on his wife's shoulder, both walking inside the giant house.

Abby groans yet again, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and grabbing her two suitcases out of the trunk.

Bay and Brently are getting their suitcases when a car pulls into the driveway.

Abby's silently praying it's the Hoods or the Clifford's. Either would be great. Just not the-

"Heyyy Abby! I'm so excited to be spending two weeks with you!" Leo says, jumping out of his car, pushing his glasses further up his nose, and hugging Abby.

"Hey Leo." Abby grimaces, patting Leo's head.

"I should go get my suitcases out of the car. See you later Abby!" Leo says, flashing a dorky smile.

Abby rolls her eyes, lugging all of her stuff inside the house and into the room her and Clara share.

Abby starts to unpack when the Hoods and Clifford's arrive.

Clara comes rushing up to her room she shares with Abby.

"Clara!" Abby screams.

"Abby!" Clara screams, both girls hugging.

"I'm so excited to have you and Alex around for this vacation. It's bad enough he's in my year. If it was just the Hemmings coming, I'd have to be with Leo all the time." Abby groans.

"Poor you." Clara pouts.

"Hey, at least you don't have to share a room with him." Alex comments, walking into the room.

"Alex!" Abby yells, hugging the boy.

And just to let you know, Alex is openly gay.

"Abby!" Alex screams.

"Ahem." Clara coughs.

"Oh yeah, and Clara." Alex scoffs. "I just saw you downstairs."

Clara glares at Alex.

"So I was thinking of dying my hair like my dad did." Alex says, twirling his hair around his finger.

"You'd look really good in red. Like a fire engine red." Abby compliments.

"We should go tomorrow. Clara, you'd look really good with a blonde dip dye. And Abby, you'd look awesome with a brown dip dye. Like a chocolate brown." Alex says.

Abby and Clara both exchange glances.

"I really don't think our parents would approve." Clara says.

"I'll ask them. They always say yes to me." Alex grins.

Abby and Clara agree.

"Great!" Alex cheers, skipping down the hall.

Abby and Clara both roll their eyes, laughing at their stupid little gay friend.

No offense to gays here. At all. Like, I'd really like a boy best friend. Gay or not.

So here's the first chapter of Try Hard! It'll be a lot like the song. Definitely.

Also, as you can tell, Ashton's the laid back parent, while Jennifer is very uptight.

Also, I need names for Michael, Calum, and Luke's wives! So comment who you want to be married to and your name so you can pretend you're married to them lol

Hope you enjoy!

Love, Linds xx