° twenty three °

- Ophelia POV -

I've been diving into my work since I last saw Jamie.

When I'm not at the hospital, I'm helping mom out with paperwork for the garage. Plus, I've had god knows how many 18 hour shifts, taking over for other people.

I'm scared shitless to be alone. I feel like he's just waiting for me to get alone. So, I'm never alone.

I was working in the office when I heard my dad yelling.

Juice was back from Indian Hills.

Oh, shit !

And he brought, Cherry...

My mom rushed in the office not long after that. She looked like a mixture of sad and completely pissed off.

I couldn't look her in the eyes. I knew about this, and if she looked at me. She'd know that I knew.

"Look at me."

I couldn't

"Look at me, Ophelia Rose Teller !"

"What, ma !?"

"Clay hit that tart in Nevada, didn't he ?"

I just gave her a sad look. I wasn't going to lie to her... But I couldn't bring myself to tell her.

"Ophelia !?"

"Mama..."

"No ! What happens on a fucking run, stays on a run. It doesn't come to Charming and slap me in the goddamned face !!"

"I'm sorry, ma."

She sat down on the couch and started crying. I sat next to her and held her. She left after about 10 minutes, probably to talk to Luann, or get her gun.

Then, the cops showed up.

They arrested my dad, for something about some cops getting shot.

Everything was going to shit here.

And like he knew shit was going bad for me, Happy called.

"You have amazing timing", I answered.

"I do ?"

"Yeah, shit is crazy here."

"What's wrong ?"

"My dad just got arrested, after his Indian Hills lay showed up here, and my mom saw her."

"Shit. That is crazy."

"You find out when you'll be back down here ?"

"No. Maybe in a week, maybe more."

"Hap."

"I don't want to hear any shit from you right now."

"Happy ?"

"I'm fucking serious, O !"

"Wow. Call me when you're not a dick. Bye."

Then I hung up before I got an answer.

°°°

I had a 13 hour shift at the hospital, thankfully. I didn't want to think about everything that was going on at the clubhouse.
I went to see Abel, and Jamie was there, watching him.

"You can't be here !", I whisper yelled at him, pretending that I wasn't scared shitless by him.

"I know. I'm leaving. You know, you don't have a future here. Neither does he", he said
pointing at Abel.

"My nephew's future is not your concern... And frankly, neither is mine."

"I love you. I care about what happens to you. That biker you're with... You know what his nickname is ? Killer. He's a murderer. I want better for you."

"What's better for me ? Someone who kicks me in the face and fractures my jaw because I forgot to call and say I was staying at work late ?"

"I've made mistakes. I won't say that I haven't. But that biker.... He's a loser. You'll never get anything you want from him", he looked at Abel, "You think that killer will want kids ? A house ? A normal life ? You're gonna get hurt."

"I got hurt by you. Now what happens to me, is none of your business. Leave !"

He put his hand on my cheek. I slapped it away. His touch disgusted me. It made me sick to my stomach.

"If you want to see what his future will be like", he started, gesturing to Abel, "And maybe even yours, be at the clubhouse in 45 minutes. I love you."

°°°

I had no intention of going to the clubhouse, at first, but he said kept going through my head over and over. Forty-five minutes later... I found myself at the clubhouse. It was getting raided by the ATF and police.

This was all my fault...

I just wanted to run. I wanted to run as far as I possibly could. I couldn't stay here anymore.

I had to go...

Now.