Chapter 9

So guess who started school yesterday :-(
So this chapter automatically published before it was done which is depressing...

Sophie's POV

Biting my lip I awkwardly look down frowning slightly.

"I was desperate to feel loved, I was so lonely and Ashton just wasn't there for me anymore"

"I guess I just never saw you as a cheater" Cara sighs disparingly.

"Neither did I" I let out a harsh sob trying to stop myself but to no prevail.

"When I was a little girl I always dreamed I'd meet the perfect man, we'd fall madly in love with each other and I'd be happy forever. But here I am Cara slowly falling apart because 'the perfect man' is unknowingly slowly killing me. I've always hated cheaters but now...now I've become something I hate. Did you hear that, I Hate myself Cara?" I cry out desperately finally admitting to my true feelings.

Self loathing.

I wish I'd never cheated on Ashton, I wish I'd just told him 'I've fallen out of love'

"Soph just tell the truth for once, tell him how you feel, tell him you want a divorce. Because all this lying isn't doing you any favours, you're making yourself seem like the bad guy" she tells me.

"If I start with honesty then...then...Where's Ash?" I shake my head giving up on all that pretence preparing to tell him the truth.

Cara turns around looking slightly uneasy before grimly saying:

"He left at least half an hour ago, Calum's the only one of us not here"

Ashton's POV
"Sophie cheated on me" I say removing all emotion from my voice.

He just looks at me turning a little pale.

"Can I come in?" I ask.

"Yeah sure..." He says slightly unsurely like we're not best friends.

I walk in and flop on the couch.

"I need to tell you something and please don't interrupt, this is really important" I tell him, he looks like he's concentrating not to puke.

"Firstly are you alright? You look ill"

"Dodgy Chinese last night" he says unconvincingly.

"Right...well here it is. The way Sophie acted, she was nervous. It was someone I knew that she's been seeing, someone close. One of the band - it has to be the way she was protecting them. Anyway Michael barely knows Sophie plus him and Aurelia are seriously in love. Calum, well I know your looking for love but Sophie told me that the baby could be 'his' and well you wouldn't risk doing anything with the girls always around. So then there Luke, him and Cara could quite easily be having problems with the kids being Zoe's, he always try's to talk to her - I thought that was just being friendly, but now I'm not so sure- so it has to be him"

Calum looked horrified.

"I know, you wouldn't think he could do such a thing but I had to tell someone" I exclaim.

"You're not...you're not going to do anything right?" He gulps.

"I'm going to find him and give him a piece of my mind" I insist.

"Don't! Not until it's definite"

"Oh it's definite Calum but that's not why I came here" I nod reassuringly

"Oh?" 

"What should I do about Sophie?" I frown honestly lost for once.

"I think you should leave her, I don't think either of you are happy - someone else may be better for both of you" he answered honestly.

"I don't want to give up on my wife Calum, through all this I...I...I still love her" I say weakly knowing it's true.

"Are you sure about this?" He sent me a quizzical look.

"Almost a hundred percent  know I need to go and show Luke what pay backs like" I grimace heading out ignoring his attempts to stop me as I head towards the car.

Only as I realise how angry this has made me, how much this has hurt me do I realise how much I still love Sophie.

Lukes POV

I take this opportunity to slide out of the wardrobe and carefully survey the area around me before venturing forward.

I'm half way across the hall when a loud band startles me stiff.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WASN'T THERE" A voice clearly recognizably as Ashton's.

"Relax" I hear Calum's voice shaking in a completely different way.

Certainly not from anger.

More fear.

Suddenly Ashton's footsteps are approaching fast and I spring into action a minute too late

"Luke?" Ashton asks quizzically.

"Err hey Ash?"

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asks suddenly clenching his fists.

"You know the usual" I say nervously.

Calum races up the stairs.

"Don't Ash, just leave him-"

Before Calum can finish a fist comes heavily into contact with my face.

I cry out - obviously in a completely manly way - as I stumble back slightly.

My shout causes Sophie and Cara too run out into the hall.

"What are you doing Ash?" Sophie shrieks distraught as he lands his second blow.

"I know Sophie"

"Know what?" She asks causing him to halt before the third strike.

"Know Luke was the guy you cheated on me with" he spits at me.

Somehow I'm still standing as Sophie stops him mid punch.

"It wasn't...it wasn't Luke she admits hesitantly"

"Well then who was it?" Ash demands - all of us look at him shocked - we have never seen him like this before.

Roses POV
Here's my chance.

It being impossible to not hear the conversation going on in the hall, I seize my opportunity to save Calum.

Too make him thankful to me - so he'd have to be in my debt.

A few brownie points in my favour.

Then he'll have to date me then, well then I can break his heart.

I quickly roll from under the bed.

"It was James" I shout feeling slightly bad for the poor - but hot - employee at the electrician shop next door.

"Who the hell are you? And why are you all in my house?"