Chapter 9

Joanna's POV

The day to leave Water-crest arrived, I would surely miss this place after three blissful weeks. As we headed back to the city, I knew I had to pass by the office and see what had happened whilst I was not around. Turning to look at Mikey I couldn't help but stare at him, he looked hot right now, with a light stubble and his shades on.
When he turned to look at me I turned away blushing at being caught, only for him to reach out for my hand and bring it to his lips which gave me goosebumps all over as he gave me a sexy smile that took my breath away.

"Don't do that babe or else," he said.
"What did I do?" I asked glancing in his direction as I continued to trace patterns on the palm of his hand.
"The more contact I have with you the easier I lose my control, and I'm sure you wouldn't want Ethan to know how little bambinos are made," he told her giving her a heated look.
"Oh," she said in understanding turning away blushing.

She started to pull her hand away, but he held onto it firmly shaking his head saying no.
They drove the rest of the way with him just holding her hand, whilst Ethan threw numerous questions at them about what he saw on their way.

--------------------

After leaving her in her apartment he went straight to his office to hear how work was coming along.
"Hi Benjamin, how is the fort holding up. Everything is going well and according to schedule except for one project.
The Powells have refused to give up that piece of land. Time is moving fast, we need to negotiate with them now."
"Parker!"
"Yes Mr Raymond."
"Set up a meeting with the Powells. Tell them we will come to them."
"Right away sir."

--------------------------------

Joanna left for her office as soon as Michael left her at her apartment.

"Girl what happened to your hair."
"I thought of trying something new."
"Well I love it, it suites you very well. I bet lover boy has something to do with this."
"Maybe, maybe not," she blushed as Kim walked in with some files.
"Everything is going as planned except for the land dispute we have with the Raymonds," she said as she excused herself to pick up her phone. "Miss Powell it is Mr Raymond's PA, they would like to schedule a meeting for tomorrow."
"Inform them that tomorrow will be perfect."

"So how was your break?"
"It was lovely, I really enjoyed myself. We finally kissed, and his kisses are to die for. He knows how to make a girl turn into jelly with just his lips," she whispered as Ethan was in the office.
"I am so happy for you," Tash squalled. "I hope he comes with Mr Raymond, you did say he was assisting him since he was injured. Is he still working with him since his hand is all better now?"
"Yes he is still helping him out, so I guess he will be here tomorrow."
"Maybe I might have a chance with Mr Raymond," Tash said giving her friend a mischievous smile.
"We both don't even know what he looks like, the man is just too private."
"I know what you mean, I have a friend just like that," Tash giggled.

-----------------------------------

The following morning Michael, Benjamin, Parker and his lawyers were shown into the board room. Michael was getting impatient as they waited for Miss Powell to arrive as he stood looking out the floor to ceiling window. They could hear the chatter of the employees outside the room. He didn't like such noise levels, especially in a place of business. All of a sudden there wasn't any noise heard but only a pair of footsteps.

As the door opened Jonathan entered first followed by the lawyers and them Natasha, Kim and lastly Joanna. Her other hounds stayed outside as Jonathan closed the doors.
"Miss Powell its a pleasure to meet you," Benjamin said referring to Tash.
"I'm sorry Mr Raymond, but I am not Miss Powell, she is," Tash said pointing towards me.
"Well it is a small world indeed Mr Raymond," Joanna greeted Benjamin.