Chapter 12

Cassie's POV

I woke up in some sort of tunnel. It had water and blood stains on the floor. Where am I? Oh that's right... Void took me, again. I stood up and wiped off my skirt. I looked down one side of the alley way and saw nothing. When I turned around I saw a shadow, which can only be Void. I leaned against the wall and looked off to where he was.

"They'll find me. My friends are going to find me", I said.

"You think so? I myself was wondering what they're doing right now. What useless lead their chasing. I wonder if maybe some of them have bigger problems to deal with right now. Are they really spending every minute looking for you? OR are they waiting for nightfall? Focused on some hopeless gesture to pass the time", he said trying to scare me.

"If your trying to scare me.. It's not working. Now, what do you want?"

"You". I scoffed.

"Well you can't have me", I stated crossing my arms. He's now right three steps away from me. I back up. he steps forward. I take another step back. He takes another step forward. This kept happening until my back hit the wall. Now I'm stuck, and he's only a step away from me.

"And why is that?"

"Because, I can't love a monster like you, and you are incapable of love". He looked annoyed and took that one step between us and punched the wall in right next to my head. "Stop saying that!", he yelled and looked at me with anger.. Then regret. He took his fist out of the small hole he made in the concrete wall and put it to his side.

"Why? It's true! If you were capable of love you wouldn't hurt the ones I care about! If you were capable of love you wouldn't be pure evil! It's a known fact that Nogitsunes are incapable of love, so that nothing gets in the way of their evil doings", I stated. He looked at me in shock and stepped back.

"Your right...", he started. I let out a deep breathe, but soon held it. "I guess what I was feeling for you wasn't real, and your just getting in the way of my plan.. So in a sense. I have to remove you". My face went pale. That's not what I meant.

Before I could respond he stuck a knife in my stomach, with no emotion on his face. I grabbed my stomach when he pulled out the knife and slid down the wall to the floor. He dropped the knife and walked away.

"And to think.. I actually thought you changed", I whispered. He stopped in his tracks and turned his head. He smirked and said, "Like you said... Nogitsunes are incapable of love", and he continued to walk away.

-----------------------------------------

Word Count: 473

"