CHAPTER 17

"We'll send them in one at a time. We want to hear seperate stories." Nate says before I go in to the questioning room.
I sit down and a guy in his mid 30's, bald as well and slightly on the short side.
"Name please?" I ask.
"Joe." He says simply. Okay this guy is not as tough to handle like the first guy.
"I'm going to ask you a few questions and I really do prefer you answer them honestly or else you'll be facing consequences. The quicker we get through them the better. Got it?"
"Yes." He's got his head down not making eye contact with me. I dont like this. It tells me he might lie to me.
"Look at me when I'm talking to you. I need to see your eyes."
He shifts his eyes towards me and I must say, they're a beautiful pair of hazel green eyes.
"You got cool eyes." I say with a smile.
"Thanks. You know I expected you to be older. You look young to be involved in something like this don't you think?" He ask.
"We're not here to discuss about my age. So let's get straight to the point. Where is this guy you're working for?"
"Look, I understand how badly you want to find this guy but trust me when I say that it is not easy to find him. I don't even know what the guy looks likr for heaven sakes. He commands and we follow. Simple as that."
"Why do you follow him. Surely no one likes to be told what to do. I certainly don't.?" I ask curiously.
"It's not that easy to live in this life. Especially when you've been through what I had to personally go through in my past. This was not the life I wanted to live. I had no choice."
"Lies. Everyone has the right to make choices in their life." I urge.
"Not my life. There are some things you do not understand child. Sometimes you do not have control of your own life. That's how it is for some of us. I owe this guy my entire life. I respect him with every fibre of my being. If I had to change my past I would. But I can't." His eyes seems distant for a while there. Almost as if he's reminiscing. I control my desire to find out more but I know I'd be crossing a very personal boundry.
"So you're telling me you're clueless to where he might be?"
"Yes."
"Is there anything else you would like to tell me before I dismiss you?"
"No. I assure you there's nothing more I can tell you. I believe it'll be the same for the others. We are all on the same boat. The only people who know him on a personal level are with him. Always following him around." He says.
"Okay. Thank you for your time."
The next two people I questioned all gave me the same answer ad Joe did. I can't help but feel like we're at a dead end. There's nothing to show not even a tiny bit of clue to where this terrorist is.
"Where is the Prime Minister?" I ask our director.
"He's in full custody right now in the White House.
"Has any of you asked him why this guy is after him?" I ask.
"He said he doesn't know what they want with him. We're not going anywhere with this." Director says.
The door bursts open and a guy in the computer lab is puffing at the door.
"We've got something and I think you might want to take a look." The guy says.
We all look to one another and we break out running after him. Whatever it is, I hope we can somehow use it to get closer to the terrorist.
We get into the computer lab and the guy directs us into a private room where a huge screen is displayed with what seems like important data on it.
"Right. This is a video that went viral just seconds ago. I belive this is the guy we have been looking for. Watch this."
He brings the video on the screen and a man is sitting on a chair but his identity is hidden in the shadows. No surprises there.
He plays the video and his voice had been altered as well which is something I would expect from people like this.

"Good day to you all. By now I would assume the CIA have uncovered by intentions. You are correct. My plans of capturing your Prime Minister is something I've always considered during his 10 years of reigning in power. Why you might ask? I don't know if you could quite remember a significant even that occurred exactly 6 years and 6 months ago. A day that ruined not only my life but the lives of many people. All because of a decision made by your dearest, most beloved Prime Minister. He pursued his decision without thought. Does this ring any bell? No. Why? Because he covered it all up from the public's eyes. If he thinks he got away with it I wouldn't be so sure of that. I have waited a long time for this and finally, I can avenge the lives of many people affected by a selfish act. The lives of wrongly accused innocent people. Exactly 31 days from now, get ready to bow before a new ruler."
The video ended and everyone in the room was quiet. I decide to break the silence.
"Did this video reach the entire country?" I ask the guy.
"Yes. It's on every social media. Thousands of people are commenting. This is huge man."
"Did you manage to find out the location of where this was aired?" Nathaniel asks.
"Yes. An abandoned building in Los Angeles." The guy replies.
"How long ago?"
"5 minutes."
"Get the jet ready. We're going there now!"
Finally. We're going to get this guy for once and for all.
I do wonder what even took place 6 years ago. I really need to speak with the PM in person.