CHAPTER 21

It was Saturday today which meant we have exactly two days to figure this out before school on Monday because let's face it, I cannot take anymore of the lies and pretends at school. I am also trying to avoid Colton which I can't really deal with right now. 

"I need to meet with him to discuss what really went down that night." We are now in the board room arguing about our next move.

"I agree with you Ree but you're going to need back up. Are you sure that guy can tell you exactly where he is?" Daniel asked.

"Yes. I think we've created some kind of mutual bond. I think he trusts me. You know what guys?" I asked looking around the room meeting the gaze of Nathaniel himself. We'll talk about him later.

They waited for me finish my sentence and I was lost there for a second.

"I don't really care if it's the PM's ass we're putting in jail after this. It's not about authority, money and power. It's about justice and doing what's right. So I just want to know if we're all in this together." Seven pair of eyes in the room glued to mine while digesting my words.

"We're with you Ree." Daniel said.
I offered him a smile and glanced towards Nathaniel.

"Did you get the address of the prison?" I asked him referring to the prison that started out as a project that the PM is trying to run from all these years.

"Yes." He answered simply with his jaws clenched and eyes narrowed.

"How do you feel about paying an old prison a visit?"

To be honest, I'm quite surprised he event told us where it's located. I guess he finally knows how deep in a hole he really is now. 

~*~*~

"Are you sure we're even allowed to be here?" Nathaniel hesitantly asked from behind me.

"Yes we are and if someone tells me we're not then I'm going to beat their sorry ass. I'm going get down to the bottom of this one way or the other. So stop your wining, man up, get rid of your vag*na and put your d*ick back on." I answered him quite rudely if you ask me.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa okay what did I do to ever get an answer as such" I can sense him coming to an abrupt stop and I do the same while turning my head to glare at him.

"I don't have time to sugar-coat sh*t so do yourself a favour and don't waste your breath." I spin back around and carried on walking down the gravel drive way until we came to a fence that read

"NO ENTRY"

I scoff out loud and jumped over it, no entry my ass.

The place looks like pig's house. Huge big dl buildings with hardly any windows and don't even get me started on the smell. I thought sulphur was bad enough, this is ten times worse!

I see a tiny office just to the corner of the block and I managed to find someone lingering inside.

"Come. I have questions." I say over my shoulder to Nathaniel who is now following me.

We come nearer to the office and I harshly knock on the door.

Moments later a grouchy old man in a security uniform opened the door with a not-so-happy look on his wrinkled face.

"I don't know if you saw the "No entry" sign at the front but I'm requesting you to leave now." He said.

I ignore him and push myself into the tiny room.

"We work for the CIA. I'm agent Riah and this is my partner Nathaniel. We're just here to have a look around the prison and maybe ask a few questions if that's okay with you uh-" I gave him a look hoping that he'll tell me his name with which he gladly gave me.

"John. I'm going to have to see dome ID or a badge to make sure you ain't lying. This is a top secret project that I was assigned and vowed to protect." I showed him my ID and so did Nathaniel.

"You call this a top secret project? This looks like a freaken dump!" I said walking around the room while glancing outside through the windows.

"You might want to come with me. I'll show what top secret looks like." He smirks at me and gestured for us to follow him.

What he showed us was unbelievably shocking.

High facilities and well secured buildings and cells surrounded the place. We had to walk down several stairs just to get to where we are now. The prison wad underground.
I noticed at the top of the biggest building read CPI

"What does CPI stand for?" I asked John who was standing next to me.

"Criminal Project Institute." He answered while taking further steps forward. I glanced around and noticed all the cells were empty.

"Why are the cells empty? Aren't there supposed to be prisoners occupying them?"

"As you might have already noticed, they escaped. Well some of them. The rest are on the courts. Come, I'll show you."

I looked around for Nathaniel but I couldn't see him.

"Looking for me?" I nearly jumped out of my skin but I masked it with a glare.

"You're not funny. Lets' just follow John and get out of this place." I pushed past him hitting him on the shoulder and trailed after John who was already a few feet away.

"Riah we're going to have to talk about last night at some point. Why are you acting like this?" Nathaniel said while falling into steps beside me.

"Really Nathaniel? Right now? You want to talk about last night right now in the middle of something important? It was a stupid mistake and it will never happen. Got it?" I sensed coming to a sudden halt but I didn't dare stop. I know it was harsh but I doubt he had feelings whatsoever.

"A mistake huh?" He scoffed behind me and I had to turn around to look at his face.

He looked pissed but somehow managed to mask it.

"Right a mistake." He said after a moment of staring at me intensely.

"Yes. That's right." I turn back around and jogged to catch up with up with John who is now at a wired fence looking down. I immediately hear voices and laughter and even sounds of metals colliding and fists punching into punching bags.

I glance at the bottom and I notice there were a good 100 prisoners below me.

"These are the rest. The others however managed to escape."

"How?" Nathaniel asked.

"That's what we're trying to find out." John replied.

"Did you know the Prime Minister was given the role to lead this project?' I asked.

"And as a matter of fact no. I never asked questions or bothered to know anything else apart from guiding the entrance. I suspected that he had something to do with this just this week when that video went viral all of the states and I'm guessing nation."

I nod in understanding while glancing below me for the last time.

They were all men. No women.
They look scary and dangerous with all the ripped muscles and tattoos.

One in particular saw me starring and flicked his eyes up at me. He has light brown hair cut short with a man bun. He looked 6 feet tall with a very attractive body I must say. He doesn't look away instead he holds my gaze with his own.

Suddenly he was distracted by one of his mates and we broke contact.

"Riah!" I didn't notice Nathaniel and John had already started walking back out.

I glance back at the man to catch him already staring at me. I gave him a stiff nod which surprised him. He nods back and I turned around and headed back out the buildings back to the main base with a very annoyed looking Nathaniel.