CHAPTER 7

Riah's POV

What the hell were they talking about!? Ugh I have a feeling Nathaniel will be expecting me to question him about it but I'm not going to give him the satisfaction. It was lunchtime now and so far nothing seems out of place. Kate seems really nice. I honestly didn't expect her to be so. I thought she was some uptight bit*hy teenager. I guess I was wrong. That makes this mission a whole lot easier.

"So how old are you exactly? " I questioned her as we stand in line at the cafeteria. I don't know where Nathaniel went but I don't really care. He probably found some tramp to mess with. I internally roll my eyes and sigh.

"16, 17 soon in April and how about you? When's yours?." She beams. She's excited about her birthday. It makes me feel bad about not being this happy when my birthday comes.

"Cool. I'm 18 already. " I say.

We both got a chicken sandwich and a bottle of water before making our way to an empty table at the back corner. We sit down and I could see Colton seating with his crowd. He sees me looking and smirks at me. Then he looked past me at something or should I say someone behind me. I suddenly whip around to see Nathaniel standing there glaring at Colton. Colton slowly stands up and started to make his way towards us. Crap! He just doesn't give up! Nathaniel stands there studying his every move as he gets nearer.

"Hey Riah. Don't think about not introducing me to your friends." Colton says with a hint of hidden emotion that I can't seem to grasp. I sigh and stand up making Kate sit there clueless.

"Colton. Nice to see you as always. These are Kate and Nathaniel." I really want him to go away right now. I so badly want to eat my food!

"Really? Aren't you the president's daughter?" Colton asks Kate without breaking eye contact with me.

"Yes. I am." She hesitantly reply.

"Ah okay. Nice to meet you both." I don't think he means it because it looks like he really doesn't like Nathaniel. He didn't even talk to him, just glared.

"I'm picking you up after school!" Colton growls at me before walking out the cafeteria.

"Son of a-!" I'm so angry right now! How dare he!?

"Boyfriend? " Nathaniel says all of a sudden. I turn to him shocked! No way.

"No. Heck no.!" I say shaking my head at the same time.

"Well, it didn't look like it!" He says before sitting down.

"How dare he talk to you like that!?" Kate says. I shrugged and carry on eating.

"Where were you!? " I ask remembering thinking where he was.

"I just went to check around the school for anything suspicious. There's nothing but I wouldn't keep my hopes up. Be expecting something to happen. By now they probably know Kate is here." Kate widens her eyes at the mention of her name but carries on eating. Poor girl. I don't know what she must be going through right now.

"Do you have any idea what they could possibly want with your dad?" I question her. I'm beginning to get really curious. ..what the hell I've always been curious.

She shakes her head. "No I don't. It's just so sudden, one minute I'm laughing with my friends then the next I'm being told I'm going to be under some protection custody. I don't know who would want to do this. My dad is a good man. The best I've ever known. "A pool of tears starts to form up in her brown eyes. I hold her hand and rub it.

"We'll protect you. " I comfort her and look at Nathaniel. He nods his head my way and gives Kate an encouraging smile.

The last bell rings signaling the end of school and we all make our way to our car. I keep scanning the crowd for any sign of Colton but I don't see him. Phew!