Unconditional fate

The encounter with me and Mr Styles was becoming awkward. The awkward where we had nothing interesting to discuss but kept trying hard to find a new topic of conversation.

"So your a Doncaster boy then?"

I nodded.

"What's it like over there?" He asked, rubbing is hands together in a nervous matter.

"I guess it would be okay if I had friends to hang around with, causing havoc throughout my school, get to go to parties on Friday nights, get drunk, smoke something to get my higher than the clouds... And being able to run and just walk ages without getting tired... Just being free..."

I bit my lips together to stop myself from taking so much

I rubbed my sore lips together and mumbled "but without all that is as boring as hell"

"Y'know Louis life doesn't have to be 'boring as hell', you must have friends, or at least people you LIKE on this planet, I mean I know most people suck, but you can't let your cancer pull you down all the time..."

I interrupted him.

"Harry my cancer is constantly pushing me deeper and deeper into a ever lasting hole, and trying to find something good out of it isn't working"

"Then dig a new route" Harry smiled.

"What?"

"You said it a ever lasting hole... You don't know what's gunna come up next if it's going on forever, so get your cute little hands dirty and dig yourself a new path, yes your cancer will still be on your back..."

He paused, reaching out his hand and intertwining his long fingers with mine.

"Don't let your cancer write your story."

________________________

I sat on the deep blue shaded armchair infront of the tele, mindlessly watching men in top hats run around thinking they had a sweet sense of comedy gold in them.

I kept trying to put my feet onto the coffee table as cramming my legs into my stomach started to get painful, but as I did so I earned a large retort from my mother, giving me the parental look of "put your skanky feet on that table and you won't see tomorrow".
I smiled, raising my middle finger and circling it around my lips like lipstick, puckered, and slipped my hand down without looking at her.

"Anyone want tea?" My grandmother called from the kitchen that was connected to the living room.

"Louis would but he's just put some lippy on, but I would love a cup thanks mum".

Receiving the dirtiest look, my mother arose from her seat and walked into the kitchen "when's dad getting back?" She asked her own mum

"Oh he only popped out for a few bits he should be back any second now"

I tiredly propped my feet onto the coffee table and removed my phone from my pocket, it's cold glass screen uninviting.

Unlocking the screen to find me giving Harry my number to be a waste, as no text had come through.
Seriously, what is the point in taking the time and effort to ask someone for their number and not even text them? Like are you trying to give them a nervous breakdown you player?

Maybe he was still working?

No he left the bakery with me so his shift must of ended.

Maybe he wasn't interested in me?

Maybe he might have a boyfriend?

Mid thought, the front door opened softly and shut with the same gentleness, the echoing sound of shoes scraping onto the carpet to clean them off was slightly drowned out by the coughing and heavy exhale of breath as the person who entered the home walked into the kitchen, rattling cheep plastic 5p bags full of groceries.

"Guess who I bumped into!" Came my granddads cheerful cry coming from inside a draw where he was placing an item from his shop.

None of the girls answered.

"Who?" I called from the living room, turning around with effort to look into the kitchen.

"That um... Hank fella!... No no not Hank, um Harvey? No, something beginning with a H..."

"Harry?" I mentioned excitedly

"Yes yes Harry, Harry uh..."

"Harry styles" I said.

"Yes yes Harry uh... Styles yes knew his mum well back when he was a nipper! Nice tall lad, great legs to, saw him by the milk section up co'op..." My grandad nodded as he took out... Coincidently the milk and walked over to the fridge.

"What Anne's lad?" Mum asked

"Yes Anne styles, dark haired woman great legs to yes" grandad smiled as he placed the milk at the back of the second shelf.

"She was one of my best friends, I thought she moved out back in secondary though?"

"Moved back here after her boy got cancer... Sad a boy so young had to go through with that, but I was talking to him and apparently he's all clear! Been clean for around 18 months which is good!"

"We should visit, check up on them, I haven't seen Anne in a..."

"YES!" I blurted out at the idea of actually going to HARRYS HOUSE, and just seeing him again:

My mother look at me with her eyes slightly closed like she was about to sneeze.

"Why so curious?" My grandma piped in.

"Oh um, just seemed like a nice guy in the um... Bakery so... I better unpack my other suitcase so I'll..."
Feeling their gazes on my back I walked fast with William towing behind me towards the staircase, rapidly hoping the steps without falling over.

Nice save you idiot.