Just in case

"Are you sure you have everything?" My mother asked as I put my second light blue suitcase into the back of our cherry red Honda, I had wanted a blue car, preferably a jag, but my mum wasn't made of money.
"For the thousand time, yes, and like I've said for the thousand time, you packed my suitcases yourself, so you should know of I do or not" I said, raising both my eyebrows and playing out a sarcastic tone.
"Oh be quiet Louis" she said grumpily, my mother always got stressed before leaving the house, just incase she forgot something or incase a light at been left on in the house.
I got into the car and quickly turned around to look at my home, just incase I didn't survive the weekend or just for some reason I never came back. I do this every time I leave the house... Like my mother gets frustrated.

Just incase.

My mum got in the car and turned to me
"Got everything?"
I wasn't in the mood for smart comebacks so I just nodded, I readjusted my oxygen tubes so they wouldn't tickle my nose so much as they pumped air into my suckish lungs.
As we pulled out of the driveway I plugged my earphones into my phone and listened to Ed, the strings of my emotions tangled together as he sang.

Half an hour had pasted when my mum tapped my leg, I took out my earphones with great effort and looked over at her.
"You okay?" Mum asked, putting on her "I'm not worried at all even though I am" smile.
"Yep" I said putting on my fake grin.
"Excited?"
"To see my relatives who live in a old house surrounded by the village people with no wifi?" I smiled largely at her "I can't wait"
"Actually just for you your grandparents have installed a wifi system in their house" my mum said raising her eyebrows. She turned the wheel of the car with complete skill and care, moving around the round-a-bout and still talking to me "all on their own to, your a lucky boy Tomlinson, your family is pretty familiar with the 21st century"
"Yet most of them still live without a television" I said, reminding myself of my dad's parents. If I so much of checked the time on my phone, it would be taken from me with force and thrown out the closest window. Fun times.
"Most of your family" she corrected "your such a sassy bastard sometimes Louis"
"The sass master from Doncaster" I said and smiled widely at my mother as she rolled her eyes and changed gear, sighing as she saw the fuel was low.