Home sweet home

I was greeted with stale kisses to my cheeks, my grandmother smelled strongly of fresh bread, my grandpa had the same scent.
My mothers parents never really got involved with my cancer, when I was at hospital close to death at 15, they said they were to emotional to drive over see me. Don't get me wrong, there lovely people, like for my 16 birthday they got me tickets to go see the Doncaster Rovers and I even got to sit in the front benches.
Ever since their absents from my dying days, gifts are always arriving at my door, from new denim jeans to a computer... Keyboard.
"Darling we'ved missed you" my grandmother said and kissed my mother on the cheek "how is everything at home?"
"We're surviving" she said and looked at me and winked; saying how posh and camp my mothers parents are, she is much more... Well I call it free.
"Louis why don't you go put your belongings in your room and later we had head off into town?" My grandpa said, smiling gratefully at me.
"Sure" I said, and which effort I carried the bags up the stone steps towards the house.
The home was large and sweet, with a dark hatched roof and ivy growing up the sides of the door. There were two floors and 4 bedrooms, my mother would be sleeping downstairs, while I would be sleeping upstairs, facing the garden which consisted of neatly cut grass and a beautiful oak tree, a small white fence parted the garden and the large field next to it, nature never roamed the fields, no deer or rabbits or foxes, maybe a bird would fly over the grass and the trees in the distance, but apart from that the country was strangely quiet.
After much struggle I rolled the two suitcases up the stairs and placed them in my room.
A large round window was located on the side of the room, it suck out so the ledge was big enough to sit on, my grandparents had placed grey furry pillows and a pink blanket on the windowsill.
The room was painted white, and when you walked through the door, the smell of lavender and sweet dough filled my nostrils, even through the tubes I could smell the strong scent.
On the left of the room was a fitted wardrobe, a large mirror took up half of the clothes container, but even that was half covered in pink fairy lights which totally brang the man out in me.

A pale oak chest of draws was seated next to the bed which had been placed in the corner next to the window. More pink fairy lights twinkled above the top of the bed, with pink and white fluffy or silk pillows were my head would rest, the duvé was a cream colour, standing out in the room.
This would of been the dream bedroom for a 13 year old girl.
After I unpacked, I sat down on the mattress and wheeled William next to me, i pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw 2 missed calls from Jacob.
He picked up on the third ring.
"My friend my friend I need your advice" his voice sounded drunk, I wouldn't be surprised if he was at 12am in the morning.
"Are you drunk?" I asked
"Heck no, extremely hungover maybe, but that isn't the point, I need to ask an opinion from my best bud, James Cordan is unavailable at this very time but your the next best thing"
I smiled at his joke, remembering that Jacob had actually met James Cordan in the flesh, but had been banned from his house by 30 yards.
"The... And I quote 'love of my life' has been cheating on me" Jacobs voice went to a hush tone, but he didn't sound upset.
"Oh my Christ. Aren't.... Aren't you upset?" I was never good at helping people get over sad subjects or bad relationships, luckily Jacob wasn't the emotional type.
"Of corse not! She was a bitch anyway, so fuck her and the hoe she slept with, and guess who the hell she fucked! Someone her gender... This goddamn world Louis, what is it coming to? Like you can't even go out with someone straight and not have them cheat on you and have sex with their fucking best friend!!!"
Jacobs voice screamed into my ear, he panted after his speech, then sniffed; his voice became weak, like he'd given up on life itself.
"I can never befriend the right people... Apart from you of corse Louis, your the only decant friend I have, I mock you 24-7 yet your still my best friend, I've put you through shit and you've been through shit, but hey, shit happens"
The room went silent for what seemed hours, I heard Jacobs breaths at the other end of the mobile.
"Shit happens" I repeated, and I heard Jacob giggle.

After taking an hour nap (because having crap lungs doesn't help how fit I am) we headed into town, the signal wasn't terrible here, so on the 5 minuet car journey I texted Jacob.

Louis- you alright?

As I waited for him to reply, I stared out of the car window, watching the pink of the cherry trees rush by, mixing with the green of the grass and the brown of the houses, kids played football in their gardens, laughing as the effortlessly ran for the ball, they didn't even looked tried as they ran, their perfect lungs working a dream as they exercised, their breathing was normal, taking in the oxygen they needed.

The village people walked along the pavements dressed in shorts and T-shirts, many wore shades despite the sky wasn't so bright.
I had changed from my sweatpants to blue jeans and a orange knitted jumper, it clashed awfully, but it wasn't like I was going to impress any eyes with William rolling behind me.
My mum parked the car outside... what looked like a bakery, I think the name "little cows bakery" may of given that clue away.

I carefully took out William and placed him on the pavement, my nose had gone numb which was just a sign of triedness, the plastic tubes only slightly tickled the outside of my nose as we entered the place.