Baby blue

I sat on the windowsill in my room, the early sun turned my blue wallpaper into orange, the thousands of fairy lights that covered the wall behind my bed glowed a pretty yellow, mixing with the suns rays.
I had my eyes closed, listening to the comforting voice of Ed Sheeran.
I wore my plain blue shirt, it was old and too tight around my shoulders, whereas my black jeans were to big, I had to roll the ends up around five times. They still went past my ankles.

My phone started ringing on march afternoon, it was warm, but not warm enough for shorts and vests, it was a cool spring day, with gentle clouds hovering in the sky.
I picked up my iPhone and looked at the ringer. It was my mother, she was downstairs... Wasn't she?
I answered.
"My little star?" She spoke as soon as a pressed the accept button.
"Yes" my voice was low and raspy from my sleep.
"Do you want something to eat? I'm in M&S and they've got a special offer of chicken fillets, three packs for the price of one"
"Oh sounds devine" I said smiling "When did you go to M&S?"
"Around half an hour ago, I came up to tell you but you looked so peaceful" she sounded a little sarcastic
"oh and your grandparents called me just before I left, apparently the weather is going to be sunny all weekend down in Cheshire, would you like to down to visit them?"
"I dunno" I said sighing "I'll ask the lungs" I looked down at my chest "you up for a couple of days in strange place with strange doctors and strange oxygen?" I heard my mother giggle slightly, then I heard the sound of a cash register bleeping.
"Honey I must rush, I will tell them you and the lungs are up for it, okay?"
"Okay." I said, and hung up first.

After dinner, I sat down on the cool grass outside my house. The sky had turned dark blue, and the moon was visible through the light clouds. Laughter of teenagers sounded in the distance, and a gentle breeze interrupted our cherry tree from its evening slumber.
I was scrolling through my phone contacts until I found the right person to call, I pressed on their name and tapped the small phone on the side of my screen.
"Louis?"
"Hi Jacob"
"What's happening bro?"
Jacob butler has been my best friend since forever, we were born in the same hospital on the same day, I was 5 hours younger than he, and we couldn't be more different. He always supported dark shades matching his dark hair and his dark jeans, he always wore the faded purple Hollister T'shirt i got him last summer, even in winter he would wear it under his body warmer.
"Nothing. Just need someone to talk to other than my mum" I said, realising how uncool and lonely that sounded.
"It must be boring, not going to school and not getting to see other humans your age and failing to spend quality time with yours truly" Jacob replied, I couldn't see but I knew he would be smirking.
"How's your love life with... Yasmin? Or was it lavender or something like that" I asked trying to change the subject.
"Jasmine, and it's going fucking awful, excuse my language, she's such a controlling son of a... Well, you know what I mean, if I even look at a girl my face gets ripped of with her red five inch nails, and when I hug her, my T'shirt get covered in orange foundation, it's gross, but she's great in bed so it makes up for it" I heard him laugh, but I didn't find it amusing.
"If she's a bitch why don't you get another girl? Or boy" I said and giggled.
"Being homo has it's positives and negatives, positives, I have more of the population to have sex with, negative, hate is too common in the life of a homosexual like myself"
"Who hates on you?" I asked, my concern rising for my friend
"The prat's who patrol the school and if you have a curl out of place or one eyebrow is bigger than the other, you get pushed down and laughed at, of corse if that ever happened to me they wouldn't have any teeth left after two minuets."
"Removing teeth is quite a challenge" I said smiling
"Not with my punches" Jacob laughed again, I loved his laugh, it was so musical, he laughed everyday, all the time. I wish I could say that about myself.
"Mate listen, I love you and all but my bitch is at the door screaming her head of about someone called Charlotte" Jacob voice went surprisingly serious "text you after I have no balls left okay?"
"Sure, okay" I said, and hung up.