Billion Dollar Secret

This is my first story. I hope you will like it!

"Amelia, don't be lazy. Get up. Now!" Anna shouted from across the room. Amelia groaned at her sister's angry shouting and cuddled back into the sheets. A hand pulled the sheets away. Amelia opened one eye and looked at Anna. Anna was dressed to work in her blue button down shirt and black skirt. She stood towering over her sleeping sister with her hands on her hips; her face was flushed with anger.

"I am up. I am up." Amelia waved her hand dismissively still half asleep. When she realised that her sister was not going to go until she got up from the bed, Amelia reluctantly roused herself from the bed. Amelia sleepily, looked at her still towering sister.

"I woke up! What do you want now?" Amelia asked angrily, she was not a morning person.

"This won't do here. I want you to immediately find a new job. It has been nine months since you left your job, for God sake. Do you desire to stay dependent on me for forever?" Anna asked as she moved the bed sheets and blanket into the basket of laundry.

"I am trying." Amelia said as she proceeded to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Anna narrowed her eyes, "I haven't watched you fill any of the application form and when I ask you to go for an interview you never go, by giving silly reasons." Anna exploded furiously.

Amelia came out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in her mouth. "Don't you have any work today that you are bothering me?" She demanded. Anna scowled at her sister's arrogant attitude. She walked out of Amelia's room and got back in a few seconds with her purse in her hand.

"Ok, let me get this straight. I will give you five days and if you don't find a job, then you are not my sister!" Without waiting for an answer Anna walked out. Amelia looked at the vacuous space at in stunned silence. Anna had never been a violent person she is usually calmer than compared to Amelia. This is the first time Anna has threatened her for something. Amelia sighed realising that she will have to be serious and actually look for a job.

----xxxxooooxxxx----

Anna huffed and marched out of the house, slamming the door loudly. She was fed up with her sister's careless attitude.

Anna was the elder sister of Amelia and the only bread earner in the household. They both lived together in their little apartment. Their parents passed away in a car accident and they were left alone with no relative claiming them. Anna was the brightest student in the school; since the principal was impressed by her performance, he helped her studies by providing scholarships. After completing her studies, she hunted for the job and she is now operating as an accountant. She also funded Amelia to complete her studies.

Amelia, however was not interested in studies, she was rather interested in fooling around. She failed and dropped out of the school. Being the good sister Anna was, she got her sister a job, but Amelia again left the job giving silly reasons.

Amelia with her blond hair and green eyes was more popular among the boys while Anna considered herself plain with her brunette hair and green eyes. Amelia changed her boyfriends like changing the shoes which Anna disapproved of. Anna never flaunted her body like her sister to get attention from the boys.

Anna flopped down on her seat and pulled out her work sheets. She sighed and rested her head on the table. Anna's head shot upward as she heard a knock on the door.

"Did you fight with your sister again?" Rose asked grinning, leaning on the door. Anna smiled gently at her friend. Rose was her fellow worker. She was thirty-five year old single mother of two. Anna considered Rose like an older sister. She would always help whenever in need.

"Yes Rose, I gave Amelia an earful today. She is getting lazy day by day." Anna explained. Rose nodded her head knowingly. Stepping forward she placed her hand on Anna's shoulder firmly. "You did a right thing. You don't need to beat yourself up. Whatever you did, you did it for her good." Rose assured. Anna smiled at her friend's encouraging words. "Thanks Rose I feel better now." She thanked. Rose moved back to her office and Anna started her work.

Anna packed her bag as the clock chimed seven. She bade goodbye to her colleagues and exited the office. Along the way to her home Anna brought a Chinese takeout, Amelia's favourite, since she felt guilty for scolding her sister earlier that day.

As she arrived at her apartment Anna started feeling uneasiness that she never felt before. She could feel eyes on her. She turned back expecting to find someone but she was rewarded with an empty hallway. Anna immediately increased her pace and climbed the stairs as fast as she could. As she reached the front door of her room, she scowled when she saw the door, half open. Anna was angry, was an understatement, she furious. She stepped into the house with an intention of giving her sister a scolding, but stopped, stunned to see the house turned upside down. The furniture were broken and thrown uncharacteristically. The clothes were flung messily. She stepped in carefully.

"Amelia?" Anna called out. When she didn't receive any response she started to get nervous. "Amelia? Honey, where are you?" She yelled loudly, moving to the Amelia's bedroom. Anna prayed for Amelia to be safe as she made way to the bedroom. "Am-" Anna stood stunned in the doorway, unable to move a muscle.

Lifeless green eyes stared back at her. Blond hair splayed across pale skin marred by injuries and blood pooled around her head. Anna wasn't aware of how many hours she stood there looking at her sister's dead body. A hand grasped her arm, pulling her to a hard chest. Anna leaned onto the person not caring who the person was.

----xxxxooooxxxx----

Read and Review!!!!