Chapter 2

Next chapter is up!

Dante dragged Anna away from the room and pulled her to his chest and hugged her tightly. He caressed her hair and whispered softly, "Everything will be alright."

Anna was however unaware of anything happening around her. She was still in the shock of seeing her sister's body. Dante held Anna in his hand and stepped out. People were crowded outside, eager to know what happened. Dante shielded Anna with his hands and got out of the crowd safely. He sat her down on an empty chair. He crouched down on one knee in front of her and took her hands in his.

"Anna, look at me. Anna!" He called her out softly. Anna looked at Dante blankly, still dazed from the incident. He rubbed her hand helplessly. Dante was their neighbour and current boyfriend of Amelia. He knew how close the sisters were. They loved each other and would do anything for each other. He knew how devastated Anna will be after Amelia's death.

Dante got up from the floor as policemen swarmed into the apartment. They immediately evacuated the civilians and went into Anna's apartment to check for evidences. They took out Amelia's body wrapping it in white sheets.

Soon an officer came out of the room and asked, "Who called us?"
Dante raised his hands. "I called." The police officer came forward with a writing pad and asked.

"Name?"

"Dante Hayward."

"What relation do you have with the victim?"

"I am their neighbour and..." He hesitated but continued, "Amelia's boyfriend." The police officer noted down everything that Dante said.

"Is that the victim's name, Amelia?" The police officer questioned.

"Yes, Amelia Peterson." Dante confirmed.

"Were you the first person to see the victim's body?"

"No, Anna saw it."

"Anna?"

Dante pointed at Anna's still figure. "Anna Peterson, she is Amelia's elder sister." He explained.

The police officer observed Anna then turned back to Dante. "I will have to question Ms Peterson and for that I will have to take her to the police station." The police officer said.

Dante frowned. "I am sorry officer, but Anna is still in shock. I think it will cause her more mental trauma. Could you not question her here?" He pleaded with the officer. The police officer watched Anna again and nodded his head affirmatively. He moved towards Anna and stood before her while Dante sat down on the chair beside her, holding her shoulders for support.

"Anna Peterson, is that your name, Miss?" The police officer asked.

When Anna didn't reply Dante shook Anna's shoulder softly, "Anna, answer him. He is the police officer and he will help you find Amelia's killer." Anna looked up at the officer dazed.

"Amelia is dead!" She whispered lowly. She started chanting the same thing again and again. Tears fell down from her eyes as she realised what had happened. Dante pulled her head to his shoulders and patted her as she sobbed onto his shoulders.

Amelia was the only family she was left with and now after her death, Anna will be alone. Anna couldn't believe that she had lost someone very important to her.

Dante chatted with the officer. They came to a conclusion that tomorrow an officer will come to question Anna as she was still numb from the situation. Soon the officers left the house after taking all evidences. They penned the house with the crime tape to obstruct civilians from entering. As the police officers left the crowd also departed.

Dante brought Anna to his house he knew that going back to her room would cause her more trauma. He sat her down on his couch and went to the kitchen to prepare soup. He retuned back with the soup and spoon fed her. The paleness in her cheek diminished but she was still weak and vulnerable.

He quietly placed Anna in his bed and covered her with the blanket. It didn't take much time for Anna to go to sleep. Dante got up and went to the couch. It was very uncomfortable but he was ready to adjust for Anna. He thought back to all that happened in the few hours that changed their lives.

Amelia was not only a neighbour but also his girlfriend. She was very energetic and lively. She never complained about anything and was very easy-going. Even though Amelia fought with her sister every alternate day, Dante knew that she loved her sister. Anna was the only family she had and she always treasured her love for her sister and always considered Anna as her role-model. Amelia was the worst affected from their parents' death, she was only five years old. Anna being the older, took the responsibility of taking care of her sister. Anna worked many jobs to help Amelia to complete her studies. Since they didn't have any relatives they depended on each other for their emotional support.

Dante could still remember the day when Amelia went to Anna's ex-boyfriend's office and humiliated him in front of everyone for breaking her sister's heart. Amelia had been very open with Dante and they were ready to start a serious relationship. They had even made plans to get engaged in a few months. But now, that will be a distant dream for him, just a heavenly dream.

 ----xxxooooxxxx----

Next chapter is coming up soon!!