chapter 11

Gillian had no patience to yell at him anymore. He needed to feel pain. She tossed aside her gucci wallet and smiled at the sight of reubin flinching at the sudden thud. She dug her heel into his back and pushed him to the ground. A grunt escaped his lips as she brought her arm down on his back hard. She yanked his shirt collar roughly so he faced her. She pulled him up to the wall and strangely, he never resisted. The only action he did was to pull her own sleeve closer towards him. What did he think he was doing. She wanted to scream at him for abandoning lael at her ward, for not helping her. But her heart refused to obey to her command. Stop it. Stop acting like the average school girl with a hardcore crush. She wanted to avoid his gaze, but she could not help herself and ended up mentally tracing his features. Thick but slim lips, blue eyes, a broad and high nasal, the evenly trimmed face shape. The australian glow. The sidewalk was deserted. Just them two. Alone. Just inches away from his face. "How could you just leave lael there. On her own?" She asked, but her voice was a hitch higher. "Well, i'm not leaving you alone now, am i?" Reubin smiled at gillian. She swallowed. She knew he might just be another playboy, a soccer captain with complete access to the bleachers. She would just be one of his 'works' but who was she to complain? When he was the one wanting it. She had never been good at refusing. Reubin never wished for associations with flimsy girls of any kind but he needed the distraction. He needed to see lael falter again. He needed to be vicious to forget what his heart wanted to outbeat his mind for. What better way to do that then get rid off lael's only trust fund. He nimbly found the zip of gillian's dress. She froze beneath his touch. Maybe she did not want it after all. But then she relaxed, spreading her arms on the wall by his face when he dipped his face down to hers. Closing in on the little air between them as their lips met, heavier and hotter than what went on between lael and him. Gillian could feel reubin's teeth beneath her mouth. She let her body calm down when he replaced his grip onto her dress zip. The sleeves of the dress came down loose over gillian's shoulders. A shock of cold hit her exposed upper half. She pressed her nails into the cresses of reubin's hair, the brown mosses melting beneath her touch. Gillian knew exactly how reubin could find the clasp to her bra straps so easily but she did not care. He was spending this time to her so the dedication was good enough. It was okay if this was never going to happen again and lael never needed to know. Gillian felt rain drizzle onto her and they quickly moved into the sheltered part of the block's building that was just the corner away without letting go of each other. She pulled his shirt over his damp hair and placed her fingers on his chest. She never wanted things to move so fast. So quick, so sudden, urgeful. But even if she had neglected lael's current opinions, she still wanted to be there when lael woke up. Just in case. She kept her gaze on his face though, on his closed eyes. Did he really mean well? Was this a natural instinct or just another girl to him? Once reubin started he knew there was no turning back. He knew he had made a mistake to kiss the president's daughter, now he could never break her heart unless she meant it as a one-nighter as well. Unlikely. He thought. He wanted to pull away, to clean up and get back home but something told him he should not end before she was tired. She had a dad that could do anything after all. President. She was so eager in the kiss, the frenzy and the desire that reubin was slightly upset that she had no clue that he was just using her as a distraction. That these things did not mean much to him at all. Not even a bit. They must have stood in the shelter together for more than thirty minutes. After gillian finally had guilt written on her face, she had pulled away to reubin's prayers but she hadn't left. They stayed in each other's embrace, panting from the workout. "Gillian?" A hushed whisper of a voice hung between the two teenagers, but it wasn't from either of their mouths. Their heads turned in surprise and shock at the same time. Reubin, glad he had succeeded, and gillian full of remorse. Both of them had completely different emotions, but they were staring at the same girl in the paper gown holding tight onto the IV drip stand taped to her arm for support. As she stood out in the pouring rain, the water dripped onto her wet clothes, revealling the two strikes of black she wore beneath. Reubin glanced at them briefly and quickly adjusted his line of eyesight. Don't. He threatened himself. As if to save gillian from saying anything, two nurses rushed out and pulled lael back, trying to hurry her back into the hospital. They followed lael's fixated gaze to the two teens and stared in disapproval. "Would you two please not vandalise the property and make sure what you're doing is illegal?" One of the nurses shot them a very deliberate sharp glare before they ushered lael inside. "Vandalise. That's cute, isn't it. We were merely vandalising the hospital's walls. I always wanted to be a graphic designer." Reubin laughed and turned back to gillian. He dipped his head back down to find gillian's warm mouth again when she flinched. She slipped out of his grasp and started placing her top back on wordlessly. She hurried away as soon as she was done. Reubin did not stop her. All that was left on the ground was reubin's shirt. The rain had washed off the blood and left a red stain on the ground. He leaned against the building's walls and sighed. It took him five minutes to collect himself before he swiftly pulled the top back on and left the premises. Why couldn't lael be one of those girls, that would have made it easier.