chapter 24

So anastasia would be reborn inyo the world just as she was removed from the world. That was probably the only flaw he had failed to adjust."Was that all you wanted when you kidnapped me?" Lael asked so quickly she had forgotten to replace the word kidnap with a prettier one. He stiffened under his cover. Great. Lael thought. He did not reply, though. Why would she want to be refuelled to continue living the life she did not want? That's why he took her by force, by taking her mother. But that went too far. Blood had been shed, tears had been wept. He had dedication but no selfness at all. It was a danger to all if he was willing to kill for her. It was even more dangerous that he thought of it as a good deed or something better. She did not want to live a life under someone else's skin and flesh, taking over another's life. Especially when she knew of who was missing the person who no longer lived in this world because of her. Because she had stolen that life with none other than a different identity of sorts. Without any more hesistation or any other spoken words, lael grabbed at the nearest table and clawed at the tray atop it. She swung it around, hitting what she could with it like a deranged woman. Lael grunted, letting out a sharp shout and running for the two doors out the room. Had she thought that she would outrun the two guys with heavily armed vests at the doors? No. But she would try, try was what she could do. And what she could do, was what she would do. She had nothing to lose. Immediately, guns were being aimed and restrains were being held up. She could see him just staring, as if he had expected this. He probably had. How could he not have known that the fighter he had created would go down with a fight. His hands were placed gingerly yet elegantly behind his back, his two eyes behind the fine mask focused on the ruckus. Two clothed assists ran towards the fleeing lael as she heaved the doors open, getting a head start by throwing one guard off his balance. Lael slightly gladly noted that that guard was none other than that guy who was holding her revolver hostage. She ran forward, pushing through towards space in which she had no sense of direction in. She would and could not make it far. She knew they wanted her alive, though. So besides a bullet puncturing her back or a blade sinking into her shoulder, there was a thin pain as a 0.28 led needle flew against the wind speed and landed into lael. Into anastasia's skin. As she was pulled up and onto a long white screen to be transported only ten metres away onto the main operational table, the sound of men's heels clicking nearer was ringing. Her vision was blurry under the control of the injected medicine coursing through lael's system. She could hear bustling machines roaring into life, liquids being moved around the big squad room and the voice of the now speaking masked man. It will be painless. After this, my little angel, live your life to the fullest. Go, go with the whom you call mom and live the life i gave you. Just like that, lael fell into her slumber, intoxicated with medicine that was most probably illegal. At least she blacked out with hopes that her mother would soon see broad daylight again.