Chapter 3

Dan's Point Of View

"Are you ever going to leave me?"

Those words broke my heart into pieces. I felt so bad for him. I felt an all to familiar lump form in my throat and I made an effort to hold back tears. I hugged Dean and kissed his head and quickly walked into Phil's bedroom and sat on the bed, no longer trying to contain the tears. Phil walked in only a few seconds later and he saw me sobbing.

"Dan, whats wrong sweetheart?" He asked sitting next to me and pulling me into his arms. He rested his head on top of my hair.

"I just f-feel so bad for Dean!" I cried wrapping my arms tighter around Phil's torso.

"Dan, don't worry about him, we have him now and we are going to make sure that he is safe." Phil said, I lifted my watery eyes to meet his gorgeous blue ones. The same eyes I spent years only seeing though a computer screen.

"What are we going to do about tomorrow? Are we going down to the police station and ask them?" I asked laying my head down on Phil's chest.

"We probably should, we tell them exactly what he told us and see what they think." Phil pulled the Duvet around us and clicked off the lamp next to us. "Whatever happens, we will make sure Dean is safe."

"I love you Phil." I kissed his cheek and slowly drifted to sleep.

                                                                                              ***

"D-Dan!" I heard a small voice whisper next to me. "Dan?" I felt someone poking me. I looked next to me and saw Dean with red eyes and he was shaking. I looked at the time, it was 4 am.

"Hey, hey whats the matter Dean?" I asked getting out of bed and crouching down next to him.

"I-its I um." He started to shake even more and I pulled him into a hug.

"Shh, shh you're okay, lets go back to your room." I picked him up and looked over at Phil. He was sound asleep, I smiled to myself and walked into my old room. I put Dean on the bed, and sat next to him. "What happened Dean?" I asked as he started to calm down a little bit.

"I just had a d-dream about my family a-and I just really miss them!" He started crying again, so I picked him up and set him down in my lap, wrapping him into a hug. "You k-know D-Dan you look a lot like m-my dad." He looked at me with his giant brown eyes and smiled through his tears.

"Aw well thank you Dean." I looked back down at him. He looked just like me when I was his age. "What was your family like?" I asked him.

"They were the best people in the world!" he said enthusiastically. "But when they left, my b-brother was the only one who was l-left to take care of me. Me and him d-didn't get along very well, so when I told him I wished M-Mommy and Daddy were coming back, he got really m-mad and h-he just left me on the side of the road." He looked up at me and frowned. "Can you please let me stay h-here? I r-really don't w-want to be with him anymore Dan." He was trembling in my arms and clinging to my shirt.  I rocked him back and forth telling him that it was going to be okay, until he finally fell asleep in my arms.

I already loved this boy more than I loved myself, and it hasn't even been 24 hours.