Chapter 2

Phil's Point Of View

I carried the young boy into our house. He was so light, he was basically skin and bones! I felt so bad for this poor kid. Where were his parents! All I know is that I have a fair few things to say to them!

"Phil, should I set up a bath for him?" Dan asked, gesturing to the terrified boy clinging to my shoulder.

"Yes please, Dan" I smiled warmly and he wandered away to the bathroom. "So, whats your name sweetheart?" I asked the boy.  He looked at me with his giant chocolate brown eyes, funny, they look almost exactly like Dan's eyes.

"M-my name is D-Dean." He looked so afraid. I wondered how long he had been out there alone. Even the thought of it made tears well up in my eyes.

"Well that is an awesome name! My name is Phil, and that other boy's name is Dan" I said smiling warmly at him. "So Dean, do you want to take a bath and get all cleaned up, while Dan and I cook you something to eat?" Dean nodded and I swear I saw a small gimps of a smile.

"Yes please" Dean said in a small voice. Just as he said, that Dan walked out.

"The Bath is done, if you want me to take him, so I can show him where it is." Dan said, holding his arms out, to take Dean. I handed him over to Dan, and just as I turned to walk away, Dean called my name.

"Hey P-Phil?" He asked "Do you t-think maybe you g-guys can make some p-pancakes?" How could I resist that! Even Dan was smiling.

"Sure thing Dean" I smiled at him, and Dan and him walked off to the bathroom.

                                                                                        ***

Batter.

There was batter everywhere.

I started to clean it up, but decided to just cook the pancakes, and clean up later. I had already made half-a-dozen pancakes when I felt hand snake around my waist. I recognized the smell of vanilla, and rested my chin on top of the brunets head.

"Can we keep him?" Dan asked, while nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck.

"I wish we could Dan, I really wish we could, but he probably has a family out there." I said, as much as I hated to say it, he didn't belong to us.

"Then what should we do? Should we go down to the Police Station tomorrow and ask them?"

"That sounds reasonable." I said as I flipped a pancake onto the plate. I turned around to face Dan. "You would make an amazing dad Dan." I rested my forehead against his.

"You would be better he said" He quickly kissed me. "I'm going to go check on Dean."

I was left alone again, with a giant mess surrounding me, but it was totally worth it, considering it would make Dean happy.

                                                                                               ***

"How are the Pancakes Dean?" Dan asked. We all sat together to enjoy our One AM pancakes. Dean was now dressed in one of my smallest t-shirts and a pair of pants that had been left here by Dan's mom, from when he was about ten.

"T-they are really g-good thank you so much." He said shoveling in another mouth full of the syrupy goodness. He was such a cute kid, it is heartbreaking to think someone left him on the streets.

"So Dean, why were you out so late last night?" I asked. His eyes widened and he looked down to his hands, avoiding eye contact with Dan and I.

"W-well, I was left at that s-same spot four days ago, by my brother. He just let me g-go and d-didn't say if h-he was c-coming b-back! I t-thought maybe if i w-waited long e-enough he would c-come back, b-but he d-didn't!" Dean was sobbing by now, and Dan was holding him, and stroking his head. Dan decided that we should bring him into Dan's old room, since we really only used my room. We walked in and put Dean in the center of the bed under the covers, Dean was sniffling still and a few stay tears were rolling down his face. 

"D-Dan...P-Phil?" Dean asked in between sniffles.

"Yes Dean?"

"Are you ever going to leave me?"

"No, that will never happen again." Me and Dan hugged and kissed Dean's forehead. Then we turned off the light and walked into our room, to talk about what we were going to do about tomorrow.

Hey!

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Feedback is always appreciated. :)