Chapter 3: Shadow

"Umm who is this?" I repeated for like the third time. Rachael my roommate won't answer. Ugh!

"Her? Oh umm well she's uh-"

"Hi I'm jewel I'm new to this school. I'm a adventurous vampire love exploring new schools and Rachel is my friend we lived in the same area."

"Rachel you never told me you had friends back where you used to live. Why didn't you tell me??" My voice sounded a little too overwhelming even to me, and I'm the one who said it. I glace at "the new kid" jewel she looks like a vampire but something seems a little too off.

"I never told you because they left and I don't talk about my life. Remember?" I think Rachel's mad at me.

"Yea I remeb-"

"Wait. Rachel doesn't talk about her life ha-ha good joke I'm laughing my as- why aren't you guys laughing?" Jewel looked like she didn't know Rachel at all. They both don't really look like vampires but whatever.

"We aren't laughing cause I don't share things about my life. I like my privacy. And I think you should maybe come up with better words."

Silence fills the dark room I feel like I should do something but then I also feel like throwing up. It feels like someone just stabbed a knife through my heart.

"How bout we go down to dining hall and get some blood I'm hungry. You guys comm'in?" I asked to try to get away from the silence.

"Yea sure." Rachel and jewel said at the same time. They sounded like twins just then.

"Umm ok... let's go."

"Jewelwhendidyougethere? CauseIthinkthis isthefirsttimeIhaveeverseenyou."

"Well I just got here last night but I spent the night outside and decided that I would come in, in the morning." Maybe she's a night shadow no vampires sleep outside too. Maybe she's umm what was it- dang I forgot. Whatever I will figure out her later, first I got to get her to miss.worthin.

"Hey we have to go to miss.worthin first. It's her school we can't let just anyone in."

"I already talked to miss.worthin she's nice. She gave me a room number too." Her voice turned horsey like she was lying.

I'm sorry guys this was a short chapter I didn't get as much done as I wanted to. But I will try maybe later to make this a little longer thanks for waiting patiently.

���>��Y