Late Night Fights

(Just a short little sweet story- enjoy reading! It's my first ever one-shot, so if it's different from the other one-shots you may have read, sorry.)

"Looks like Team Rockets BLASTING OFF AGAIN!"

Jessie, James and Meowth were blasted into the air by another thundershock from the twerp's pikachu. The sky was a brilliant shade of orange as the famous trio of troublemakers were bolted into the sunset, screaming their usual call as they blasted away.

Team Rocket landed in a wooded area, Jessie and James landing on a high tree branch, side by side, while Meowth landed on the hard ground with a loud thump!

Meowth jumped up back onto his two feet and stretched his limbs awkwardly. "Oi- da ground is harder 'den it look you's guys." He grumbled, brushing off his tan pelt, causing tiny dust clouds to surround the talking cat Pokemon.

Jessie skillfully stood and leaped down from the tree branch, landing on the ground in a typical, Team Rocket ninja pose. James less-than-skillfully sat up, clumsily losing his balance and fell to the ground, landing on his butt and grumbling angerly.

Jessie giggled at his rage, standing and holding out a hand to help her teammate back to his feet.

"No, thank you." He said bitterly, boosting himself up with his hands and standing. Jessie simply sighed and shrugged, pulling back her hand.

~~time skip~~

The team of criminals sat around the fire in the center of their camp.

Meowth sat on a log, watching the fire closly. "I t'ink I'm gonna go get moar fire wood for 'da fire." He grinned and stood, dusting off his fur and trotting into the forest.

James and Jessie nodded.

Sighing loudly, James put his hands over his eyes tiredly. Jessie looked over at her partner. "You ok James?"

"No. But it doesn't matter." He said sharply, not looking up at her.

"Come on James. I know something's wrong." Jessie said gently. "Tell me."

"It doesn't matter!" He snapped harshly, again not looking up.

"James. I demand that you tell me right now." Jessie commanded, her voice harsh but caring.

"See- that's what's been bothering me. Your so bossy. This team is driving me insane- we never win." Jessie crossed her arms a this comment and looked away angerly.

"Whatever do you mean by that James?" She asked sharply, not looking over at James, who had taken his hands off his eyes.

"What I mean is." James stood up and put his hands on his hips. "We always fail, don't we Jessie? And- I'm tired of it. I can't take it. I think we need t-"

"James? Why would you doubt the team like that? How disloyal can you be?" Jessie growled.

"And this! You can't do anything besides yell and scream and tell me and Meowth what to do!" James yelled, sticking his nose up and turning away.

After what seemed like a month of silence, James turned around, surprised that Jessie hasn't retorted to his comment. Jessie had sat down on the log, her head hanging low and her gloved hands covering her eyes. Quiet sobs rang through the clearing. Jessie never cries. James felt a stab of guilt, realizing he had taken it too far.

James crawled over to her side and grabbed her arm. "Hey- I'm sorry Jess." He said sincerely. Jessie growled and pulled away her arm.

"Leave me alone!" Jessie snapped. She looked up, her face red and her eyes puffy. She rested her head on her hands.

"Jess... I didn't mean it, honest" James said sweetly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean any of the things I said." He put his hand on her shoulder and scooted closer to her.

"Truly? Your really sorry?" Jessie looked up at him meaningfully. James nodded and smiled slightly, looking into her wide blue eyes."well, I suppose I forgive you..." Jessie giggled.

James was shocked when Jessie smiled and hugged him tightly, snuggling close to him. James blushed and smiled, holding her close to him, grateful that she had forgiven him.

And both were unaware that Meowth was watching the pair from the bushes, smirking joyfully. He walked away, not wanting to interrupt their cuddling.