Awkward Situations & Surprising Confessions

(*sigh* I suck at writing. My first fanfic is complete trash. My most popular story is my Eevee one- which I'm actually proud of to some extent. But I'm a pretty crappy writer when you get right down to it. Anyway, Enjoy!)

The sky was a deep shade of gray and blue, dark clouds swirling overhead and announcing that rain was coming. James, Jessie, and their feline companion trotted along the hard stone path of the little town they had tracked the twerp troop into. Meowth looked up and gestured to the sky.

"L'ook you's guys. It's gonna rain." Meowth spoke up, blinking sadly and looking back at his two companions, both of which sighed in defeat.

"Well?" Meowth looked up at Jessie and James angerly.

"Well what, feline?" Jessie hissed, crossing her arms.

"Don't you's have a plan? I can't come up with all da ideas!" growled the cat pokemon. A drop of rain fell from the swirling clouds above, landing on Meowth's shiny charm, causing the feline to rub his head irritably.

"A plan?" James asked.

"Yea Jimmy. A plan to get outta 'dis rain. We can't sleep out in some wet stinkin' forest." Meowth grumbled, shaking his head.

"Hmph... Complainers." Jessie rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "Well I can only see one possibility." She gestured down the street to an old brick building with a blinking yellow sign that read 'HOTEL'.

"Hallelujah!" Meowth meowed cheerfully. He darted towards the brick building, followed by his two teammates.

He pushed open the glass door, greeted by the cheerful ring of the bell hung on the door. Jessie and James entered, looking around at the yellow and brown painted lobby. They approached the front desk. James rung the bell to get a workers attention and was immediately greeted my a young woman with short cut gold hair.

"Afternoon!" She said in a perky high pitched voice. "May I help you?" James and Jessie backed away slightly at the over excited worker and smiled nervously.

"We's would like to get a room 'fer a' night please!" Meowth jumped onto the front desk and smiled smugly.

"He just talked!!" The girl at the desk exclaimed.

Jessie growled and snatched Meowth off the desk bitterly. "Yea yea yea, world's greatest pokemon." She put Meowth on the ground and bent down. "Shut that big meowth of your's before I shut it for you, feline." She whispered harshly. Meowth gulped and nodded.

"Anywho," Jessie stood up and grinned fakely. "We would, like the feline said, like a room for one night."

"Oh- yes- hmmm..." The woman said and looked down at the computer on the desk. "It appears we only have one room available. A one-bed- oh but I'm sure you and your boyfriend will be fine with that..."

"We'll take it!" Meowth yowled, leaping back onto the desk, in front of the dumbfounded James and Jessie.

Jessie pushed the cat pokemon off the table in a rage. "Boyfriend?" She questioned angerly, crossing her arms.

"Come'on, Jess. It's better 'den sleeping in 'da rain." Meowth stood and spoke.

"Rrggghh. Fine. We'll take it." Jessie frowned and crossed her arms, sounding unsatisfied. James froze, nodding forcefully.

"Alrighty! Here's your room key!" The blonde worker handed Jessie a set of keys and smiled. "Your room is right down the hall! Please enjoy your stay!" Jessie and Janes solemnly walked to the room, Meowth skipping joyfully.

They unlocked their door and walked into the small room. Meowth leaped into the chair and snatched the TV remote, flipping on the Television. "I call sleepin' on 'da chair!" Meowth said happily, causing James and Jessie to blush and frown.

"But Meowth- I don't think it's a good idea to-" James began, only to be interrupted by a sudden fury swipe.

"Quit yappin' Jimmy! The dog-and-cat type pokemon show's on-" Meowth hissed, taking his spot back on the chair and watching the TV closly. "Look at 'dat Espeon, ain't she a beauty?" He grinned happily.

Jessie rolled her eyes and snatched the remote. "Meowth!" She growled, whacking him over the head with it. "I can't believe you got us this room you stupid feline!"

"Well geez Jess. It's only awkward if you's make it awkward." Meowth smirked and relaxed in the chair. "Any who, I think I'm gonna sleep. We got a long day of Pikachu-napkin' tomorrow."

Jessie sighed and flipped down on the bed, remembering what Meowth said about it being awkward. She removed her boots and gloves and set them beside the bed, turning to see James doing the same. She stood, flicked the light switch off and got on her side of the bed, as far as she could away from him. And- not to her surprise, James did the same.

Utter silence, (except for Meowth's snoring) filled the room. Jessie grew annoyed at the empty noiselessness and growled. "This is stupid!"

"What? That we have to share a bed?" James questioned quietly.

"Not just that, but that the whole universe has to be against us! Like today- nothing went right! Why can't we have things normal people have- success, riches, love?" She scowled and flipped over on her back.

After moments of silence, James spoke up. "Who says we can't? We'll soon catch that Pikachu and be richer than we've ever been. And as for love... I'm sure someone loves you Jess."

Jessie grumbled. "Like who? Who would love a spiteful, mean, nasty criminal like me?"

James smirked to himself. "Maybe another nasty criminal?"

Jessie's mind raced. He doesn't mean...?

Her thoughts were interrupted by James sitting up and speaking again. "Jessica... I think... I might be in love with you." He blushed and looked at the floor.

Jessie smiled and leaped up, hugging him tightly. "I love you too!" James smiled and hugged back, giggling as Jessie snuggled close to him and kissed his cheek lightly.

"Am I interuptin' somet'ing?" Meowth sat up and smirked, "Glad to see you's two finally gettin' together." He said cheerfully, laying back down and drifting to sleep with a smile on his face.