Chapter 2

August

After that weird ass lady came to help me clean myself I felt vulnerable as fuck. I can't even shower on my own because of this shit. Only two weeks to go before my left leg is good. Then I'll be able to do more things on my own.

I looked at my phone and seen it was 11:00 in the morning. That meant Amari was coming & I don't even know why I'm anticipating for her to come over.

I flicked through the channels I decided to watch Power to see what the hype was about over this show. I pulled out my phone to see that Jaycee texted me.

Jaycee: You busy today? <11:10>
Me: Nah not after 1.

I sat my phone back down and heard my alarm downstairs going off. It had to be Amari cause she's the only one other than Tony & Jaycee that had a key. I waited patiently for her to home upstairs. Once I heard a familiar voice I looked over at the door to see Jaycee. "Damn it Jaycee." I said laughing.

"What did I do?" He said sitting on the edge of my bed with his hands up. "Nah I was waiting for my nurse & I thought you was her." Jaycee chuckled. "My bad lil homie. What's going on? You like the new house?" I cheesed and nodded. I heard Amari's voice from downstairs and I smirked.

"Oh lord boy, don't tell me you letting the nurse smash YOU." I looked at him and mugged him hard as fuck. "Nigga just cause I'm crippled don't mean I can't still smash." Jaycee laughed and so did I. Amari walked in with a smile. "Hello August. Who's this?" I looked over at Jaycee who was shocked.

"This is my Uncle Jaycee." She smiled and shook his hand. "Nice meeting you, I'm Amari; August's nurse." He nodded and stood up. "I'm going to leave now. I'll be back soon to check on you Nephew." I dapped him and he left.

"Wow, you guys look nothing alike." I smiled. "He's not my blood uncle, but I swear blood wouldn't make us any closer. That's my nigga right there." She smiled. "That's cute. You ready to take your medicine?" I smirked. "You ready to take this.... Never mind."

She turned around and mugged me. "I will pop your damn forehead. Keep trying me." I laughed at her facial expression. She so cute.

She handed me a bag of subway. I was kinda craving for this shit, don't know how she decided to get it. "Did you have a great night?" She asked sitting beside me. "Not really, I don't like being alone too much. It's been almost a full week with nobody really around." She nodded and turned her attention to the TV. "How about you?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Oh I love this show. Power right?" I looked at her and shook my head. "Don't try to change the subject like you ain't hear me ask you a question." She giggled causing me to smile.

"My night was alright. Now finish your food so you can take your medicine." I did as told. Is it weird that I'm feeling my nurse a lil bit? She kinda cool. I took my medicine with the water she gave me & I laid back.

"Hey, can you do me a favor real quick?" I asked. She turned to me and gave me a head nod. "Can you help me get downstairs?" She laughed. "Is something funny to you?" I'm kinda getting mad. I swear this vulnerable shit will kill you slow and painfully.

She cleared her throat and smiled. "No of course not, come on." She wrapped my arm around her shoulder and led me down the steps. Even though I couldn't walk, I could guide myself with my left leg. Once she helped me, I grabbed my wheelchair & sat down.

"You want to stay?" I asked her. She looked at me and shrugged. "I can't really stay, but maybe we can hang out tomorrow when I come by." She smiled. "That's cool. I'm about to go handle business. Lock the door behind you."

I went into the studio I never went into before. It was black everything. The scene light flashed on the studio keys & computers. I smiled, I don't know what to do. But I'll play around with it and see what happens.

Amari

I made it home and I hurried and got dressed into the white dress Melvin gave me. I have to go to his business white and black ball, and honestly I haven't been to one since middle school. I pulled my hair in a low ponytail and I applied a dark velvet lipstick that made my outfit pop. I went into my closet and grabbed my black and velvet heels, then slipped them on.

I heard the door bell so I fixed my dress and walked up to the door. "Wow...." He said stoked. "What? Is there something on me?" I asked checking myself. "No.. No.. You're beautiful." I smiled. "Thanks, ready to go?" He nodded. I grabbed my clutch and my phone from the table then headed out with him.

After riding for a good 30 minutes in silence, we reached the Hyatt hotel. I hopped out the car and watched as he locked the doors with his key pad. He grabbed my hand and we walked in with music playing and people chatting with one another. I've never been to a business ball before and I definitely don't plan on staying long.