Prologue Pt. 2

Jaycee

I was sitting in the hospital with a bloody t-shirt on and I swear, all this shit happened so fast. I should've just let August continue beating that nigga ass. Tony walked in and I caught his attention by calling his name. "What happened?" Tony asked furious.

"Nigga was on the block messing with Aug, so they fought. I seen the shit go down from a far. I went to get August before the cops came and the nigga started shooting. He hit August twice. I don't know where but he was bloody as hell. Look at me, I look like a pad right now." Tony laughed at my last comment.

"Where is the drugs?" He asked. "The money and drugs in my trunk. Luckily he put them shits in the bottle this time, cause them doctors would've smelt that strong shit from a far." Tony and I shared a laugh. "We really need to get August out of this business. He just won't fucking listen sometimes."

Tony put his head in his hands. "Man... I don't know but I feel like he's learned his lesson now... Since it wasn't him last time, now he might get out since it was him this time." Tony nodded and dapped me. "Brothers for life." I said sticking my tongue out laughing.

After a few hours waiting doctors came out. "Anybody here for August Anthony Alsina Jr. ?" We stood up and walked to the fine ass white doctor. "August is stable, he was hit in his chest and right leg. His chest injury wasn't that bad due to the frontal bone that protected him. We had to break his right leg in order to dig for all the fragments of the bullet. He may not be able to walk due to the hard fall back on his left leg. It wasn't broken, but it was sprained very badly. He will be at least 3 weeks in rest at home or hospital for his left leg and his right leg will take approximately 6 weeks to heal." Tony and I nodded.

"Will he be able to have a at home nurse or someone that can take care of him?" She nodded. "That is definitely an option, but if he doesn't want that he will have to stay in the hospital for 6 weeks." We know this nigga hate hospitals, so the nurse will have to do. "Would you like to go see him?" We nodded & followed her down to his room.

She pointed to the exact room he was in and we walked in. It was dark as hell in there. "You a fuckin' vampire." Tony said laughing. August attention turned to us and he took a deep breath. "Hell yeah man... I just want to rest." Tony nodded listening to August. "What Yall doing here?" He asked. Tony looked at me and I shook my head.

Tony spoke. "You know I'm a big part of your life. I don't have no kids, but I definitely have a huge heart for you. Now don't say I said that soft shit to you if anyone asks." Tony said laughing causing August to try to laugh also.

"What's up Unc?" He said mentioning me. "Hey." I said dryly. I swear I don't want to lecture the boy just because he said he wants to rest. "What's going on?" He asked noticing the long face I had. "Tony, give us a minute." I asked. He nodded and dapped me up before leaving.

"August.. You know I love you right? No gay shit though." He nodded and looked at me confused. "I want you out of this shit. I can't see you like this especially since you can't do shit on your own. As much as you complain and say you don't need nobody cause you're independent, you out of luck on that part. You gone have to have a nurse take care of you, whether you like it or not." August sighed and stared at the ceiling.

"Ever since I lost my dad, it was like I lost everything. My life crashed down, and now I don't even know what to do. I want to get out I swear I do, but how else will I live? I need money Uncle J and it's like you and Tony are the only people I have. My mama don't care about me no more and it's like what do I do now?" I looked at him feeling myself becoming emotional and I swear that ain't me.

"Yo Aug... You gotta get out of this. That's what God and everyone else wants.. You need money? You know I got you, don't even stress it man. You can find something else to do and become someone's boss some day. For instance, what are things people don't know about you?"

August thought for a little then shifted his body over so he could look at me. "Well... people don't really know that I can play basketball... I can sing... I know a lot about banking and financing.. otherwise.. People know that other simple shit bout me." I nodded.

"Banking & Financing is a good career. You'll make more than what you do now, imagine owning your own bank, imagine financing your own shit. Singing, you'll make hella money if you good at it. Imagine going to different countries for tour. Isn't that great?" August began thinking. I could tell from the look in his eyes.

"I guess so." He said blankly. I looked at him and smiled. "How would you feel if I collected all the money from my blocks today and take half of my savings to get you a new house far from here. Hell, I can find one with a recording studio. Consider it keeping you safe and alone for awhile until you're good on your own."

August smiled brightly. "Unc, you'll do that for me?" I nodded. "For you I would, especially cause I know if you make it big; you'd look out for me and Tony."

August whole mood changed. I know I gotta go digging for him a new home now that I've promised it to him. I ain't never cared for no nigga other than my brother. This boy is about to burn a big ass hole in my pocket.

(A/N) August is only 19 in the book 😊