Chapter 5

Amari POV

-------------------------

Amari's Home @ 3:45 pm

-------------------------
August and I have been spending time together all day. I was laid up under his arm and we were watching 'Set it Off' which is my favorite movie. While the movie was half way through the door bell rang. I got up and August kept his eyes glued to the tv. I opened the door and seen Melvin.

"Hey." I said nervously. "You gone let me in?" He asked smiling. I slightly smiled back. "I'm busy right now. Can you come over later?" He took a look behind me as August laughter filled the silence.  He screw faced me and shrugged. "Whatever Mari." He walked away and I closed the door. Honestly, I dont feel bad because we weren't together and still isn't; so he has no control over me.

August was staring as I made my way back into the living room. "Who was it?" I looked up at him and smiled. "No one." He licked his lips and laid his head in my lap as we finished watching the movie.

My phone buzzed on the table, so August sat up and grabbed it for me. But with him being nosy he glared at who was texting me. "Who is Melvin?" I grabbed my phone from him and sighed. I read the long paragraph he sent me and shook my head.

August was staring at my emotion and shook his head. "You always do that." He said turning his attention to the tv. "What ?" I asked confused. "Poke your lips out when you're upset." I thought about it. "I never noticed it until now I guess..." he shrugged and continued watching the  movie. "So are you going to answer my question?" He asked curiously.

"Um..." I started. I became nervous and played with my fingers. "Well,  Melvin was the "guy" I was telling you about and that was him at the door. He heard you laughing and he left with a attitude. He sent this really bad text and I dont know how to feel."

August put his hand out gesturing for my phone. I handed it to him and let him read the text. His face was straight the whole time. He sighed a couple times before sending Melvin a text. "What are you doing?" I asked trying to grab my phone. "Setting that nigga straight." He passed me my phone not long after sending the text.

Mel: "How you gone have a nigga at yo house while we still not on good terms, you know how I feel bout that shit. I get I got Maya n shit, but I want you. I got you and you ain't leaving my side. So who ever that nigga is, tell him to leave for I turn my ass around."

Me: "Look nigga, ion know who you are, dont really care to kno. But you ain't finna talk to my girl like that, take that shit else where. If you got a problem I'm sill here, kno that."

I read his text in shock and I looked at him. "August! What are you doing?! He will really come up here and fight you." He looked at me from the side of his eye and smirked. "You must not know I'm down with fighting if a nigga want to, can't ensure his life. But you got problems with a nigga, come solve em."

I rubbed my face in anxiousness and sat there with a blank face, knowing Mel wouldn't let this go. At an instant, the door bell rang and you could hear Mel yelling through the door. August got up and walked to the front door. He opened it and Mel spoke.

"You the nigga that got all that mouth?" I jumped in front of August and spoke to him. "August you can't fight with your leg like that, hell I don't want you to fight. Please stop." He looked from Mel and looked in my eyes.

"When you gone stop letting niggas disrespect you. Somebody got to teach this nigga to shut his mouth and treat you like a lady." I bit my lip debating but before I could move, Melvin pushed me out the way hitting August in his face.

August's emotion quickly changed and it was like... he blanked.. it was a total different him... he pushed Melvin down and kept hitting him in his face over and over. I seen blood coming from one of them and I pulled August to make him stop. "Stop August! August! He's done!" He stopped hitting him and walked away. As he walked past me I realized they both were bleeding. "August, go in my bathroom and use the kit in my bathroom to stop your nose from bleeding."

I'm not sure if he was listening but whatever. I flipped Melvin over and he was knocked out, his eyes we're purple and his face was bloody. I went into the downstairs bathroom and grabbed my kit and walked out hearing Mel groan. "Stay still." I asked politely.

I cleaned his nose and lip and put a small bandage on his upper nose and lip. "You got yourself into this." I said looking into his bruised face. "I get it." He said slowly getting up and walking out the house.

I closed the door and locked it. "August?" I said out loud to see where he was. No response. I walked upstairs and heard groaning from the bathroom. "August?" I said looking at him in the mirror cleaning his face. "Your nose..." I said turning his face around. "It's alright." I looked at him angrily. "Sit down." I said pointing at the toilet.

He sat down and let me stop the bleeding from his nose. "You really didn't have to do that.." I said grabbing a wipe and cleaning his nose. He was silent. I pinched his nose and used a q-tip to get the rest of the blood then the bleeding stoped. I looked at his bloody clothes, take your clothes off and hop in the shower. Ill wash your clothes.

I have some of my big brothers clothes here, you can wear those. His eyes looked at me and he got up with out talking. I started the shower and was about to walk out before he called me.

"Mari....where are you going?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?" He shook his head. "Dont you need my clothes to wash them?" I nodded. "Yeah but I was going to wait until you got in the shower." He shrugged and took off his shirt and I left him to the rest. I went into my old brother room and grabbed some sweats, and a black shirt.

I knocked on the door after a few minutes. "Yeah, you can come in." He said lightly. I walked in and grabbed his clothes, leaving the folded clothes from my brother in the bathroom. I headed downstairs to clean their mess along with his clothes.

August

I don't know if its me, but i can't seem to stay out of trouble. I just blank and shit happens, I can't have no nigga talking to her like that though. Amari a smart, loyal and fun girl. She don't deserve any of this shit he putting her through, but now I feel the need to apologize for disrespecting her home.

I know she worked hard for this shit.. I turned the water off and grabbed the towel that was folded next to clothes. I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked outside the bathroom, watching the hot mist come from the bathroom. I looked around her bedroom seeing photos of her and her family.

They look nice, a fun family.. I turned my way back into the bathroom and slipped on the clothes she gave me. I walked out the bathroom folding my towel and walking downstairs.

As I walked around trying to find Amari, I found her in the wash room throwing my clothes in the washer. "Hey..." I said handing her my towel. "Hey." She said dryly and throwing my towel in the washer also. She turned around and walked out the wash room.

"Hey, stop." I  said grabbing her arm and turning her to me. "What?" She asked curiously. "Amari i'm sorry. I feel like i've disrespected your home and I dont want you to feel some type of way about me." She made a face at me and slightly twisted her lips at me. "Ok, i accept your apology." She turned back around and tried walking, but I grabbed her arm again.

"What August?" I groaned in frustration because I feel like im holding back. "Amari, how you feel bout 'us' ?" She furrowed her eyebrows at me. "I like you, is that all?" She asked me. I looked in her eyes and pulled her body closer to me. My hands wrapped around her waist, and her innocent look just made me feel comfortable.  I kissed her lips and her nails dug into me. "What? " I asked. She was lost.

She looked at me deep in my eyes and smiled hard. "Aaahhh, I got you blushing ma." I said laughing and letting her go. She slapped my shoulder and laughed. "I hate you." She said while catching her breath. I know she love me, she don't have to lie to a nigga.