Chapter 9

"Hey Rhett?" I hear Link coming down the hall and close his computer and run out. "I was just coming out. Let's go." I say trying to hide the surprise I just saw.

We discuss more things for GMM and pick ingredients for Will It Smoothie?

"Hey, I'll be right back." Link says running off. The crew and I just discuss other things.

Link's POV:
I don't know why, but I had the sudden urge to check Rhett's computer.

We never had it password protected so I logged in and checked his history. He writes on Wattpad? I check out his story and it's the one I've been obsessed with.

I'll tell Rhett later but I'm shocked. What if he found out I was an author. When we were younger I had a crush on him, but he met Jessie so I tried to forget my feelings about him. They all came back right now.

After the crew goes home I go up to Rhett. "Hey, I have something a little... embarrassing secret." I turn red at the thought of telling him.

"What is it?" Rhett asked me and j could hear the fear in his voice.

"I, I write Wattpad stories... And I know you do too." I was scared to say that but I managed to.

He was speechless. "Rhett?" I ask him shaking him. It was like he was in another world.

"I- We- Well." Rhett was stuttering and he needed help. "I'm going to stop right now. I can't ruin my life with Jessie and the kids. I'm sorry Link." Rhett stares, gets his phone out, and taps the screen. "Let's go home now." I say as I walk to the car.

I know that we wanted to avoid each other, but that's hard because we live in the same house now. 

When I get home I hug all the kids and Jessie. After hours of painful silence between me and Rhett, Jessie walks up to me. "What's going on with you and Rhett? He won't tell me." She asks sitting down next to me putting her hand on my knee.

"I can't tell, he told me I couldn't tell, and I wouldn't want to ruin your-" I stopped when I realized what I was just about to say. "It might ruin my what?" She asked me looking. Straight into my eyes. It took everything I had to not tell her.

"Forget I ever said anything." I shrug and walk away to my room and lay down.

"Dad? You okay?" Lily asks me slowly opening the door. "Yeah, come here." I sit up and she walks up and gives me a hug.

"Don't lie to me Dad. I know you." She whispers into my ears and sits down.

I started crying and she just hugged me and didn't let go. I had to make up something quickly, but I knew exactly what.

"I'm just scared you might pick your mom over me. I don't know how I would feel." I keep crying. "Don't worry Dad. Let it all out. Sometimes things like this happen in life but you gotta power through it." She gives the best advice. "Thanks Lily." And with that she walks out and I go on my phone.

I go on Wattpad and he did delete his story. I cried then and Rhett walked in.

"Link, I'm sorry." Rhett said rubbing my back. "You're right, I shouldn't have said that. I don't want to be a pain so I'm going to find a hotel and I could go there for a while with the kids." I stand up and started to pack some clothes.

"No! Stay here." Rhett said taking my clothes out of my luggage and back in the drawers.

"I don't want to ruin your marriage so I'm just gonna forget about my feelings for you." I walk off and drive to the beach to get away for a while.

Rhett's POV:
I feel terrible. I walk down and see Link drive off with a blanket to lay on the ground and swim trunks. Probably to the beach.

I was walking out when Jessie stopped me. "He needs some time alone, and can we talk something out?" She asks me leading me to the bedroom.

"I don't feel the spark in our relationship. But I don't want to end it." She said grabbing my hands. "I feel the same way, but we can't end it for the kids, and I don't want to be away from you. I don't want to go through all the drama of fighting for custody of the kids. How about I take you on a date tonight?" I ask her. She smiles and nods.

Link's POV:
I check the time and it's already 7:30. I should get back but I want to be alone right now. Then I see a very beautiful woman walk up to me.

"Hey, I'm Angelica but most people call me Angel. You're Link from GMM, right?" She asks me sitting down on the sand. "Yeah, here, sit on the blanket." I scotch over and she sits down.

"Where's your wife?" She asks me looking around.

"Well, um." I started. Then I ended up telling the story and crying. "Oh my gosh, please don't cry because your my favorite person in the world and it hurts like hell to see you cry!" She exclaims hugging me tighter.

"How old are you?" I ask her. "37." She didn't look 37. She looked younger. "Would you like to go out with me tonight?" I ask her with puppy dog eyes. "I don't have anything else to do, you're my favorite person in the world, of course I would like to go out with you!" She says smiling and hugging me.

"Let's meet here at around 8:30? We can go to Macaroni Grill." I ask her getting my stuff. "That sounds cool, see you later." She says giving me a hug.

Rhett's POV:
I called a babysitter since I knew Link would want some alone time. He comes in the house with the biggest smile on his face.

"What got you so happy?" I ask him. He looks at me and replies, "Why would you want to know?" And walks away. I go up to my room and get ready for my little date with Jessie. I'm taking her to Macaroni Grill, she loves that place.

After a while Link comes out dressed nicely and goes in his car and drives off.

The babysitter, Drew, came and started taking care of all 5 of the kids. "You ready to go to Macaroni Grill?" I ask Jessie. "Just a few more minutes." She asks hugging all the kids and giving them the speech to be good to Drew.

Link's POV:
I see Angel standing there in the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. "I thought for a second you were gonna ditch me." Angel says flattening her dress out.

I drive her there and we wait for our table. The waitress was named Riley. She led us to the table and winked at me. All I did was blush a bit.

I sit down and shortly after I see Rhett sit right next to us.