The Essay

Mia POV

As I walk through the halls of the all too familiar dorm house, I hear people laughing, yelling, i hear the blaring music from the end of the hall, and the sound of the jeopardy theme coming from the lounge.

When i reach my room, number 217, i unlock the door and push it open. The smell of freshly popped popcorn fills my nostrils and i see my room mate, Kay, lounging on our futon watching TV.

"Oh hey Mia!"
She greeted me with a mouth full of popcorn.
"Hi."
I reply not wanting the company.
"Something wrong?"
Kay inquires with genuine concern.

Here's the thing about Kay, she's really nice, and she's very caring. She's a great listener, and she always knows what to do to cheer me up. Kay's my best friend, but sometimes she oversteps. I know she means well, it just drives me nuts.

"No, I'm fine."
I say as i retreat to our bathroom. Our room is one of three that actually has a bathroom in it. We got lucky for sure.

I sat on the side of the tub and undressed. I fill it with water and dump some lavender epsom salts into the bottom.

I lay in the relaxing, warm water, trying to figure out why Professor Clifford failed me. That essay was gold! Pure gold! As i thought, the water got the best of me and i dozed off to sleep.

Mr. Clifford POV

As I review my class' work for the day, I come across Mia's essay. The essay was fine, she was a decent writer.

But, The moment i saw Mia walk into my lecture hall, I knew there was something different about her.

She's mellow, yet strong willed. She's smart, yet humble. I don't think Mia knows just how beautiful she is. She's curvy, she has brown hair and blue eyes, and she's no taller than 5'3".

We can't have a lawful relationship, so i failed her to get her into my extracurricular tutoring classes. It's wrong, i know, but i can't help it.

This isn't lust. It's deeper than that and i've not even formally met her. Something tells me that Mia Lawson is more than just another temporary pupil.

// hey guys! This first chapter is short because i wanna know if it's worth continuing! Please let me know if you like it! Thanks! .•Madie•.//