*3*

*
2 months later
*
Voight POV
The first thing I notice this morning, is my usual upbeat team, is glum, quiet and fidgety. We all are depressed Kim has been in a coma for the past two months. It has been hard for all of us but it's beyond measure for Adam. He doesn't talk to anyone about how he feels, he's been drinking nonstop, eats like a bird, and barely sleeps. He goes to the hospital every morning before work, and after work. No new news has arose, the doctors aren't hopeful. In fact they're giving her a week before they pull her off life support.

"I can't look at your long faces all day, load up we're going for a ride." I'm taking them through the streets of Chicago. The city that we protect, that risk the lives of many people. But we must go on, no matter how we feel. Kim would've wanted that.

We walk down the stairs in silence, as we pass Trudy Platt, she waves us over.

"Mr. Joshua Rollin, I want you to meet Chicago Intelligence. Lead by Sargent Hank Voight." I shake Joshua's hand. Platt goes on to introduce my team, each giving the man a handshake.

"I'm the new patrolmen chief. Will work a lot with Intelligence?"

"If we need assistance, we may isolate certain individuals, we may ask but we are usually independent. We have to go though, Trudy we'll be back soon."

"That's Fine, Hank." I turn around and walk out of the district. I unlock my SUV and the team gets in.

As we are driving back to the district Ruzak's phone rings.

Ruzak POV

"Hello?"
"Mr. Adam Ruzak? Friend of Kimberly Burgess?"
"Yes?"
"We would like to inform you that Kimberly Burgess, has awoken from her coma. She has fallen asleep, but we are open to visitors."
"Oh my God thank you!" I hang up my phone. "Hank, can we head to Chicago Med? Kim's awake!"