*4*

When I open my eyes, I see Intelligence sitting in my room. Adam is sitting to my right closest to my bed, with his head in his hands. I look down and I see that I am in a hospital gown, without undergarments on! I look around at my friends, who remain silent, while staring at the floor. No one has noticed I'm awake yet.

"You guys look bad." Everyone's heads jerk up. Adam hops out of the chair, and sits close to me on my bed.

"Babe, how are you feeling? Do you need a nurse?"

"Like I've been blown up." Oh God where's Roman? He can't be dead can he? "If I had listened to Roman, and I would've ---------" Adam cut me off.

"Babe, babe! Sean is fine, he's in the waiting room. You can't blame yourself. It was a bomb, Kim." I put my head in my hands. Tears fall from my face, dampening my sheets. "Aw come here." He pulls me into a hug. I break down into tears, just as Hank pats my leg, to give us some time he says, and leads Intelligence out the door.

"Oh God, Adam!" I scream. I slam my fists into his chest. "Damn it, DAMN IT, ADAM." He holds me tighter. "Screw this, screw life."

"Babe, I know. Look at me." I look into his sparkly green eyes, glanced with tears. "Life is shity, life's messes are even shitter. But even in this damn, screwed up world, there are people that fight for world renounce. You are a damn fighter, Kim Burgess. I love you so much Kim. I will love you even when I'm on my deathbed. Darlin' this is our story, and this is just a sick twisted chapter. It's okay." I lay into his shoulders.

Two days later, I finally get to go home. Adam left work early to take me to our apartment. He's been really protective, since my melt down at Chicago Med. But I feel better, and calm. Even more because my doctors said that I could work within a couple of weeks.

Adam takes my hand, and leads me cautiously out of the hospital doors. I feel like a strong woman again, able to carry my own weight. To protect the city of Chicago, my city. It feels good to be confident in my capabilities.

*

Ruzak POV
Today is Kim's first day back at work, Platt put her on desk duty, assisting Joshua Rollin, for 2 months. She couldn't be happier, but I couldn't be more scared. She is my girlfriend, I want to protect her from getting hurt again. But she would kill to be back on patrol. I walk her up to the desk, and kiss her on her cheek.
"Adam, not here!" She walks over to introduce herself to her new Patrolman Chief. I walk up to Intelligence, glancing back at Kim, who is involved into a conversation with Rollin.