Chapter One

I was sitting at my desk typing away on my Mac. I had been watching Mark all morning. It was now 11 in the morning and I was in the YouTube zone, where it was only me and the computer. I looked at his channel for the 500,000,000th time and still, there was no new video. I sat there in agony. I knew there would be no new videos popping up at this time of day but I was stubborn and had already watched every single video on his channel. I was Markiplier obsessed.

I clicked out of YouTube and looked at the pictures in frames that were displayed throughout my room. They were mostly collages that me and Carolyn, my best friend, had made of us together and put on each other's bedroom walls. Some were new, some were old. The oldest one's were of us when we were 14, when we had become best friends. The newest were of us graduating college together and moving into this lovely apartment that we owned. It was crazy that we had been the best of friends for 9 years. We both loved music. She loved to dance and I loved to sing.

When we were in 8th grade together, we would talk about owning an apartment together and being roommates and graduating both high school and college together. And when I had applied for a Performing Arts high school and had gotten accepted; the next year she did the same and we were inseparable after that. I smiled to myself as I walked out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen where Car-Car (that's her nickname) had been making early lunch.

-"Hey, whatcha making there?" I asked as I sat at our small dining table.

- "Mac and cheese. The finest of cuisines..." She replied carrying the huge pot of Kraft mac and cheese to the table.

"Indeed." I replied laughing and getting up to grab bowls and forks for our lunch. Just as I was getting up the phone started to ring. I ran to our living room and found the house phone.

-"Hello?" I said out of breath.

-"Hi, is this y/n l/n?" The women replied on the other line. "Yes this is her." I said realizing it was an important call. "Ok great. This is Haley Jackson, CEO of Recording Studio Los Angeles (it's a real recording studio in L.A. but I am not affiliated with them in any way nor is the person I made up for this story, Haley Jackson. Just wanted to let all of you know..) and I'm calling to congratulate you as our new assistant recording director. I just wanted to let you know that you have your own studio set up here at the office and that you'll have your own clients and such."

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" I was practically on the floor screaming, but I kept my composure for professionalism of coarse.

"It's no problem! Your resume was over the top, so we practically had to hire you. Really it was amazing! So when will you be able to start?" She asked as I was trying not to drop the phone from excitement. "Oh well any day works for me." I said trying to sound casual.

"Okay great. We'll see you on Monday at 8:30. We'll discuss your days off when you get here on Monday. And again, congratulations!" She said as I thanked her and hung up the phone.

"OH MY GOD." I screamed as I ran in the kitchen.

"What happened?!?!" Car said as she stopped pouring the Mac and cheese into bowls.

"I GOT THE JOB AT RECORDING STUDIO LOS ANGELES! I'M THEIR NEW ASSISTANT RECORDING DIRECTOR!!!" I yelled jumping up and down in excitement.

"OH MY GOD Y/N THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!" Car screamed jumping into my arms and hugging me tightly.

"We need to celebrate!" She said pulling away from me. "Oh we don't have to..." I said eating and shaking my head at the same time. "I just got a job. That's not much to celebrate about..."

"Y/n, what are you talking about? We celebrated when I got the job at ALDC L.A.! (Yes, I love Dance Moms if you didn't already know) This is something to celebrate! Especially since this is taking off your career in the music industry." She said taking her bowl to the sink.

"We're celebrating whether you like it or not." Car said grabbing my bowl once I was finished, pulling me out of the chair. "How are we gonna celebrate?" I asked dreading her answer.

"Well, I was thinking of going to the club, but I've been hiding a surprise from you for a while now and it's coming up soon so..." She said pulling me up stairs to her room and pulling out her purse. She then slowly pulled out lanyards.

"No. Fucking. Way." I said in shock.

"Yes way. We are going to PAX Prime!" She happily yelled, giving me my lanyard.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. I can't believe this." I said with a goofy grin plastered on my face.

"You know what that means, don't you?" She said already knowing my answer.

"I'm gonna meet- OH MY GOD, I'M GONNA MEET MARKIPLIER!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

****

Hey everybody! I'm glad to be back and writing again. It's been a stressful past couple months, but I'm back. And I'm going to answer some questions of yours that you didn't ask but I figured I might as well answer.

First off, yes I like Markiplier. (More like, love him, but you know what I mean!) I've been watching him for the past 3 years actually and I didn't really start reading fanfictions about him until just recently.

And yes, I still like Tobuscus, but... It's just different. There will always be a place in my heart for Toby, but I've started to realize that I never watched Toby as much as I watched Mark and even some other YouTubers. I mean, now that I look back on it, I rarely ever watched Toby. I watched people like Mark, PewDiePie, VanossGaming, Shane Dawson, JacksFilms, etc. but I practically never watched Toby. And I feel bad about it, because I read practically every fanfiction about him but I never actually watched any videos. But I guess I just grew out of watching him.

Anyways, I just wanted to let people who read my other works know about why I haven't been updating and such. If you haven't read the introduction I wrote before I published this chapter, please read it. But if you have, then you understand I had a lot of problems with my account and so on.

So, that was one reason for not updating any of my Harry Styles or Tobuscus stories. But also, as I said before, I kind of grew out of watching Toby. I want to continue the stories I made about him, but to me, it just doesn't feel right; especially knowing that I don't watch his videos anymore or actually know what's going on in his life. I know nothing about him anymore because I watch zero of his videos. So I probably will not continue any of my Tobuscus stories.

And as for my Harry Styles fanfictions; let's just say it will be hard for anyone to "drag me down" from writing those stories. (HA DO YOU GET IT?) However, trying to actually publish them will be hard, so there will be times when I never publish, and times where I do publish for the H.S. stories.

For this particular story, I'm just trying to figure out how my schedule will work where I can write and publish stories. So please be patient. I know it's a lot to ask for of you guys, but if anything, patience is the biggest thing I need. I'm gonna try so hard to write and publish quick enough for you guys, but if I can't, I apologize in advance.

I love you guys to the moon and back! Thanks so much for reading and caring and understanding! Please comment suggestions for chapters and such. And if you liked reading is chapter, please feel free to vote! It really does help! Thank you all so much! I'll see you in the next chapter!

Bye-bye!

-Brianne @ _briannex3_