Chapter 4

Oliver's POV

It's been a week since I last heard from Austin. I have called his cell almost twenty time and called his house phone at least fifteen.

I wasn't good friends with people I got bullied a lot so I didn't have the numbers of anyone at our school besides austin. My last resort was to call my aunt in America and ask her to check on Austin.

~~~

"Hey auntie liv could you do me a favour and check on someone for me?"
I said chattering quickly into my phone while pacing around my room and chewing my nails

"well hi to you to Oliver!" She said with a chuckle into the phone, I sighed this was Important!
"Please!" I said exasperatedly "fine, who its it that you want me to check on?"
"his name is Austin Allies, remember he's my boyfriend?" She paused and took a deep breath my heart clenched in my chest she only did that when she had bad news "What! What is it?" I yelled into the phone "Oliver his whole block was bombed, the whole family is dead".
I hung up the phone then I stared at it for awhile then I grabbed it and chucked it at a wall, it fell to pieces leaving a big dent in the wall.

I started to sob not small sobs, big sobs
chokingforairscreaminginbetween sobs. I tore things of the wall of my dorm and swiped all the things off of my desk.

~~~

It's been a year since Austin died.
After his death I became depressed.

I didn't want to do anything I just wanted to lay in bed and think of him. I miss him so much the way he would laugh at my jokes, the way his eyes would crinkle in the corners when he smiled, I miss the way it felt when we hugged and kissed. Mostly I just miss him in general.
My dad said that if I don't straighten up he'll send me to therapy. I'm scared I don't want to go.
The war is over now I guess it was short lived, but my dad he won't let me go back to America he says the economy is better here. He makes more money here. I hate it.

~~~

It's been three years since Austin died. I met a girl named Hannah.

Hannah is okay but she doesn't make me feel the way he did. my father wants me to marry her because if I do I get half of her money, and she's rich.
I really don't care about anything anymore so I guess il get married to her, even though she hits me. Just like Austin's dad did to him.

~~~

"Austin!" Hannah my fiancé snapped "what?" I said looking up from my cereal I was eating she gave me a dirty look as she tapped her foot on our wood floor.

"I was going to do something nice but if you're not going to listen..." she started "what was it. I'm sorry il listen" I pleaded she rarely is ever nice so I thought I'd take this opportunity

"you said you lived in America through out some of your childhood so I thought we would go visit so you can say hi to your old friends"
My stomach clenched when i was in america I told all of my few friends I had in America that I'd be back in a month.

after Austin died I just couldn't go back. "sounds great" I mumbled.