Chapter 2

Austin's POV

I sat in the back of a car with Oliver we were holding hands. It's been a week since he told me he was leaving. I was staring out the window not talking like I usually do. Oliver's dad was rich so the person driving us was a chauffeur, his parents were already in Canada waiting for him. Oliver squeezed my hand as we arrived at the airport I turned and smiled at him for support even though this was not a happy day. I sucked in a breath as we walked into the airport. I stood close to Oliver as if we were to far apart that I would lose him.

~~~

Tears welled up in Olli's eye's as they called his flight number, he grabbed my hands
"call me every day and please call me if your dad hurts you... I want to make sure you're safe"
I started to shake and cry a little bit but I managed to nod and promise that I would call him every day after school.
He hugged me tightly then pulled back and looked at me "here" he said taking off his favorite black hoodie
"I want you to keep this, you're always so cold" I held it in my arms as he walked away with his suitcase and into the hallway that led to the plane.

~~~

I walked out if the airport and pulled on Olli's hoodie I started to cry silently as I walked home the airport was only an half hours walk from my house. As I arrived to the front door of my house the door swung open even before I could open it, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" screamed my father as he grabbed the neck to my new hoodie dragging me into the house and throwing me on the floor.
"I was with a friend" I whimpered refusing to tell them about my relationship with Oliver "look at the t.v" whispered my mother standing from the corner of the kitchen holding my older brothers hand for support.
I walked into the living room ignoring the pain in my leg from where I landed, my dad trailing right behind me. I looked at the t.v images of Bombs going off all over the country being dropped I suddenly felt ill as I read the headline on the screen of the t.v
'WAR HAS BEEN DECLARED'.

~~~

I sat on my bed not able to sleep.
I had texted Ollie three times telling him the news and that I was okay. He hasn't responded yet.. suddenly my phone flashed I lunged to it and read the message

From Ollie: I'm safe. Are you okay?

Me: yes I'm okay just shaken up. Is this why you're dad took you to Canada?

From Ollie: I think so.

Me: How could he have known?

From Ollie: I don't know and honestly I don't really want to know.

Me: How are you doing anyways? oli you really scared me when you didn't answer

From Ollie: sorry love :( I'm doing fine my new school is nice but I really miss you!

From me: I miss you too.

From Ollie: shouldn't you be asleep? it like three in the morning were you're at!

Me: Sorry. I was just scared because I thought you were hurt.

From Ollie: I'm not mad silly. :) I just don't want you to not get any sleep. and I'm fine. you should go to sleep. I love you

From me: I love you too. goodnight.

I finally felt sleepy I turned off my lamp and got into bed. Then slowly fell asleep.