Chapter 3

Austin's POV

It's been at least three days since Oliver went to boarding school.

I grabbed my cash (which was about 20 bucks) and shoved it In my string bag along with Oliver's old hoodie and a change of clothes. I was meeting an old friend named shaley at the YMCA to go swim. I hadn't swam in awhile and honestly with the bomb attacks getting worse each day I needed to get my mind off things school was in two days and I was stressing. I went to go walk out of the house when my mom stopped me "where are you going Hun?" She asked nicely "out to go swimming at the YMCA with shaley" she smiled widely at me "well have fun! your dad, brother and I are going to be here" I nodded and kissed her on the cheek before walking out and grabbing my skateboard.

~~~

Shaley dunked my head under water when I came out I was sputtering and laughing. We were both in the deepens of the pool so we wouldn't disturb other people. For a second we just floated and thought before we had been laughing and talking non stope catching up with each other. "hey austin?" shaley said staring at me intently "yeah?" I said giving him a weird look "how are you holding up?, I just mean last time we talked you were having a rough time with Ollie being gone". I swam a little thinking about the question finally when I decided to sensed I looked over to see him still staring at me
"you know that I have been sad for awhile and then you alway knew Ollie would be there to pick me up" and help me though it".
I paused thinking again "so I didn't make a really big fuss when he decided to leave"
"because I knew it was going to be hard for him... and me, but yeah I guess I'm doing as fine as I can right now" he just nodded and looked at me then back up to the ceiling.

~~~
We were drying off when we felt it I was like a huge crash. I already knew what it was. I quickly pulled on my black skinny jeans and my blink 182 shirt and rushed out with my stuff not even bothering to say a proper goodbye to shaley.
As I was walking home I called my mom. She didn't answer.