Chapter one

Austin POV. 5 years back from the prologue

I held Oliver's hands as we sat on the park Bench. I turned to him he pushed some of him shaggy brown hair out of his face.
"I don't want to go the high school" I whispered he looked over at me and smiled and squeezed my hand " its okay you'll be fine" I gave him a weird look "aren't you afraid well get made fun of for being a couple?" he just shook his head no, I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder he was always laid back like that, Where i was more paranoid by everything.

I closed my eyes; I could hear his heart beat.
"Austin" Oliver said shaking me a little bit I lifted my head to look at him 'hhhhmm" I mumbled shooting my glance up to him. He looked kind of sad so I sat straight up. Fear pierced my heart "what's wrong?" I asked my voice obviously wavering. He looked at me and sighed "i just found out last nigh but my dad is moving me to Canada to go to a boarding school" I could feel my stomach rising to my throat "What why!" I yelled.

I started to shake Oliver reached out a hand to calm me and I flinched. Oliver knew that when my dad was having a bad day would take out his frustrations on me.

"Please listen to me" Oliver whispered holding the hands that were pressed tightly to my ears so I could not hear the pounding of my own heart, I reluctantly pulled them off
"my dad says il be safer there and that something bad was going to happen soon" he looked at me and smiled but it didn't reach to his eyes "I would take you with me if I could" he paused suddenly frowning "I would protect you from your dad if I could"
I just nodded and hugged him, Oliver and I had been friends since first grade, and in sixth grade he was my first kiss and now we were going to be freshman in high school. "il be back soon" Oliver whispered into my hair "okay" I mumbled hugging him closer to me.