Chapter Two

I felt weightless as I slept. There were distant voices of "Dragana, it's not your time." The distant voice was in Serbian and sounded like my mother, the one I lost so long ago.

My friend Liz was standing over my bed. "Dragana, stop scaring us like that. Make this your tenth code. For the love of god Dragana; I don't want to hear taps and see a flag being folded over your casket. Norris is making sure your father and brother will be kept safe. What the hell did you even see in Ethan? Being in a war zone clouded your judgement hun. I told you to ditch Rose,Lexi, and Bella years ago. The data that you had on Noorah and Ethan will be used to stick it to them."

"Sorry Liz, something just smelled fishy about Noorah being a "reporter". Call it my hatred of journalists from when I was kid but I did some investigation and I was ready to have copies sent to the state department and the FBI in DC. When I was being tortured, Ethan knew I had been investigating him. He called me a Chetnik before he and his merry band of bitches tried to kill me. Did forensics see if my apartment was bugged and do they have my laptop?"

Liz just shook her head at me. I may be in critical condition but I still want to kick ass. "Forensics found numerous bugs in your apartment. Ethan would have a treasure trove of what he got off of you. The devices were so tiny that forensics nearly missed it. This is not your fault at all. Forensics has your laptop. You are thinking something and I want to know what it is?"

"Ethan has something far more sinister plotted. There is more than trying to kill me. I am pretty damn sure that he is not alone in what he has done. Ethan never does anything half assed."

Dave came back in the room and took a seat next to Liz and he had that face, the face that means nothing good. "Dragana, when you are recovered you will be needed to go undercover. This could take months. I need a female agent with military training, you are my best one especially because you did intel."

"What will I be doing?"

Liz was in the room and knew her friend was going to have to face something that will be difficult. This is going to be her hardest undercover assignment of all time. You are going back into the air force. You will be training with special forces in a new task force that will combine all law enforcement agencies and intelligence agencies with our military. You will be both FBI and be an active duty member of the air force again."

I took a deep breath "I will do what it takes to wipe out the terror threat. What Ethan did was at the tip of the iceberg. Is anyone else from this office will be going in on the assignment but going back to their branches?"

Dave had a smile and it is a good one. "You will not be alone. Agents McCord, Johnson, and Livingston will be joining you. Feel better soon."

Liz just pouted "Lucky, you get to kick more ass than I do but the only ass at the office that needs kicking is Marks, he felt up my boobs."

"You will be fine Liz. Do some hard physical training and train to push yourself farther than what you have ever done before. I am going to need a PT partner when I recover. Care to join me?"

"You know it Dragana."

In the doorway I saw my father and brother.

"It was that damn Ethan. I can't believe your friends. I heard they are in custody, good. How are you feeling my daughter?"

My father accepted the fact that I want to serve in the military and he was fine with it. He served in the army back when we lived in Yugoslavia. Tata knew this is my calling in life and he accepted it.

"Sore, but I will be ok."

My brother Zoran was there as well. "Will you quit scaring us like that Dragana? It is not so much of the dangerous job but the fact that you have died several times. You are lucky that the FBI has Ethan because I would have kicked his fucking ass."

"I know you would."

Tata kissed my forehead. "Get some rest, your brother and I will be back later. You are safe now."

I drifted back to sleep peacefully but with everyone around, the sleep came with peace and no nightmares. Recovery will be by motivation because sins September 11th, I want to make sure that the country that gave to me does not have to fear the evils I saw as a child. My new role in the FBI will take me to some place I have never expected and it will be some place good.