She Likes Playing GAmes.

We look around the roof for an hour and we find nothing. I apologize to Toby as I feel like he's wasted his time helping me. Maybe Ali just didn't feel like Toby should be included in her game.
After Toby leaves, I sit in the same place Ali and I sat the day she went missing.

--- FLASH BACK ---

She hands me the tall, red glass, the innards stolen from the left shelf in my parents cabinet. Our legs dangle off the edge of my roof.
"Drink up, you'll tell me all your secrets." Her very beautiful, very Alison smile lights up the whole world.
"You already know all of them, Ali. But I don't know any of yours." I'm not afraid to look her in the eye like most people.
"That's because I'm better at keeping secrets than you." She smiles, softer this time.
"No, you're better at telling lies. I keep them. I'm better at keeping you're secrets. I just like sharing mine with you, because you're my friend."
"But, Spencer, only two can keep a secret if one of them is dead." She looks at me like I'm a child, her blue eyes full of a patronizing glare.
"Ali, I'm better at keeping secrets than you, you have to admit it. I'm not a child anymore, you know." I glare at her back, not afraid.
"You'll have to prove it to me. Anyway, I have things to do, I'm going out." I've stopped being surprised when she ditches on me. She does it so often. So I let her go.

--- END FLASH BACK ---

And she never came back. I guess this is what she meant when she said I had to prove it to her. So that's exactly what I'll do.
I look into her bedroom for some reason and see a shadowed figure.

It's Ali.

I rush towards the roof door but it seems to be locked. Funny, I don't remember locking it. Although, I can't remember a lot lately since I've been taking my pills. Trying the door again and searching in all of my pockets I realize I don't have a key either. I've been locked in.
Looking back in Ali's room, the figure has gone and in the same place as where I was sat is a wrapped present. I open it and read the note.

How could I ever doubt you, nerd, you are probably the only person who could kill me. That scares me. You scare me.
Apartment A, Lost Woods Resort. Midnight.

-A

I scare her? For some reason that makes me happy, as if Ali has changed and is admitting her weaknesses. I'm impressed.
The gift includes a filled in cheque addressed to Vivian Darkbloom from me for $7000, her dress that she once said looks nice on me and a 2-key set. One of which allows me to get back into my house, under the roof.

11:13

That leaves 47 minutes until whatever Ali has planned.

---

The Lost Woods Resort, I hear from my research, is a run down motel that people go to "if they don't want to be found". Weird. If Ali doesn't want to be found then why is she telling me to go there? Or maybe she does, maybe tonight is the night.
Too scared to go on my own, I ask Toby if he would like to come with me.
"Of course, never do these things on your own, please tell me and I'll come with you." Is his reply.

The whole 30 minute journey was ridden in silence but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, we both enjoy each other's company.

I've changed into the dress that was in the gift and brought the cheque and the key set.

The motel is in the middle of nowhere and its totally deserted. My car is the only one on the road for at least 3 miles before we get there.

We see no sign of any lights on in the reception so we head straight to apartment A.

As soon as I'm in the room I gasp so big it gives me a head ache. It's painted completely black, slightly greying with cobwebs and infestations of all kinds that I really don't want to think about. A queen sized bed is in the centre of the room, with black bed sheets and a single lightbulb hanging above.

It's what's on the walls that shock me the most though; millions of pictures of me cover the whole room. Me with Ali, me with the girls, me with everyone I have ever spoken to in the past few years. Me with Wren and Ian. It makes me feel uncomfortable for Toby to see those, it was so embarrassing when Melissa found out. I close my eyes, trying to escape.
About a minute passes before either of us move. My first instinct is to rush out of the door but again I'm locked in. There's now a note attached to the door. What do you want now, Ali? I need to leave.

Leave the gift on the bed. Always remember that I have no weaknesses; I could kill you faster than anybody. We both have a thick layer of armour and a strong weapon. Game on.

-A

"Toby, I can't open it," I start to panic. "Toby, please, I need to get out I can't breathe." Tears start pouring down my face. He lifts me into his arms, shshing me.
His arms lift me up easily and onto the bed, throwing a long sleeved top next to me.
"I guessed you would prefer the top rather than the bottoms." I raise my eyebrows as if to ask 'why have you brought pyjamas with you?'.
He laughs as much as one can in this situation, "just in case, I guess."
As there are no other rooms in this apartment, I have a full view of Toby getting changed and he has a full view of me. Although, somehow, I don't find it awkward. I don't even find it awkward when we sleep in each other's arms, once again.
My breathing heavy due to his touch, there is a silence until I say, "Toby? I don't even know your favourite color." We both laugh and he says "blue, what's yours?"
"Green, what's your favourite season? Mine's winter." I adjusted so I was sat up opposite him and he copied.
"Summer, it's warmer." He takes my hands in his, lacing our fingers together.
"Toby, I want to get out. I want Ali to stop torturing me, I thought it stopped when she went missing. I want Ali to have died on the Labour Day when she went." As soon as the words have left my mouth the single light we have goes out. So does the heating, I guess, because it goes arctic and the only source of heat we have is each other.

A/N: Ooh cliffhanger!! Hope you enjoyed it, if you did you know what to do.
Love you all <3