Game on, Ali.

"Move your seat." Toby sighs, repeating what happened when he first came back to Rosewood after he left.
"Okay." Is my simple reply.
"Okay? You're not going to bring out sassy Spencer like last time?" He questions, raising a brow.
"Toby, I don't have time for this I have so much on my mind, I don't need you to just leave again."
"Yeah, okay, Spencer. Just move. Your. Seat." The perfect replica of Alison's hard glare stares me right in the face.
Like I said; devil.
However I can't think about this right now, I need to think about Ali and how I can get that envelope.

"Hiding in plain sight."

That's something Ali told me; one of her famous quotes. Maybe if I just walk in there..

---

Standing outside her house hurts. Like I'm just going in there to help Ali with her homework, or to watch a movie together. What hurts even more is when Jessica runs out and hugs me on the brink of tears, "Spencer! Hi, come in! Would you like a drink? How about I brew you your favourite coffee?"
"Um.. no, Mrs.D it's okay. Is it okay.. Um, can I go in Ali's room and collect some of my stuff?" I ask shyly.
"Of course!" She says, leading me up the stairs, across the hall and down two doors. Ali's room. "Its almost like before she left with you back here."

Expecting her to go back to the garden, I'm surprised when she just stands and beams at me.
"Mrs.D, can I actually have that coffee please?"
"Oh, yeah, sure."
As soon as she gone, I'm reaching behind the dresser and my fingers curly around the envelope.

No, no, no. It's not that easy. Let's make this fun. Make one friend, that's not one of the girls, and you'll get what you want.

-A

Also inside the envelope is the exact fountain pen I got Alison for her 14th birthday. She told me that she wouldn't have any use for it. Anyway. Make a friend? The only reason Ali said she befriended me is because I had no one. Doesn't she know how hard making friends, and keeping them, is for me? Of course she does. She's my best friend.

The only person I could think about being friends with is Toby, after all he did help me not get a too bad case of concussion. If only he could stick around long enough for me to say thanks.

What does it mean, "you'll get what you want"? What do I want? Ali back? As much as I hate her, she still included me in her life when no one else did.

Downstairs, I hear the coffee being poured into mugs, so I decide to make a swift exit before she can see me. That woman has too many problems for me to deal with, bearing in mind that I have plenty of my own.

For some reason, my feet walk me past my house and I'm outside Toby's house. Luckily enough, the paper Ali wrote her message on has enough paper, and the pen she gave me, to write a message for Toby.

I need you're help. And I also need to talk to you. Please just let me talk this time. The grille at 7.

-S

I just have to wait until 7.

---

He's late this time. I just hope to God that Jenna didn't find the letter and punished him for it.

"Spencer." A calm, deep voice said.
"I don't know what you're problem is but I actually need to speak to you for longer than 5 minutes, do you think you can do that? You can't just run away when you don't like things." I guess sassy Spencer is back.
He laughs, a hollow, sad sound.
"Yeah maybe you're right. In fact, I know you're right, you're Spencer Hastings." He sits down on the soft sofas next to me, looking into his coffee.
"Alison DiLaurentis needs my help." His head lifts up and his blue eyes turn to ice. But he quickly turns back to his coffee.
"I never really knew her, I don't know how I can help. Why don't you ask, you know, her and your actual friends?" He asks sarcastically.
"Maybe, I feel as though you would be more of a help than them? You're more clever and like you said you never knew her so it's not a sentimental issue, is it?" I raise my eyebrows to him, but he just shrugs.
"What do I need to do?"
He agrees to come back to mine so I can show him the letters I've been given by her.

When we get into my room sure enough is another note taped to the pillows.

Awh, Spencer. You've got a boyfriend you can actually have rather than your sisters. Make sure to use protection guys ;)
Oh and by the way, tucked hidden, emily runs out on fire.

-A

"What? That last part doesn't even make sense." He says, ignoring my burning cheeks at the first bit.
"Tucked hidden, Emily runs out on fire." I repeat over and over, starting to pace.
"Spencer Hastings, will you please quit pacing-"
"No, Toby, I've got it! Alison and I used to speak in riddles for example; send paper, enough notes can empty reports." He looks at me blankly and I shake my head in response.
"Spencer! Send paper, enough notes can empty reports!" I start pulling on my coat.
"So tucked hidden, Emily runs out on fire, means the roof!" He shouts excitedly. I nod.
"You're so incredibly clever, Spencer and I love you for it." I turn around, my smile turning into a shocked expression. Love me?
Before I have the chance to say anything, he grabs my hand, pulling me up to the second floor and through the door to the roof.
We start looking around in silence but after a while he says, "so why the roof?"
"Ali and I used to sit up here and I would tell her all my secrets."

A/N: So! First aspect of spoby! I love writing all these secret Ali messages. This -A is actually Ali so don't get confused. If you actually want me to continue with this then PLEASE comment and vote because I don't know if you actually enjoy it if you don't and I might stop :)
Love you all <3

28 August 2015