To (6)

Part I: Aberration

Chapter VI: To

My eyes flutter open.

For a moment, I allow my self to panic, being in an unknown situation. But then I steel my nerves, I've been in much worse situation, and frankly preserving my life isn't currently on my top ten list.

I'm strapped to a bed (titanium cuffs) and reclined at about a 70 degree angle. I curl my fist, feeling the darts shift mechanically and know they haven't completely disabled me. I also feel my broken wrist grown in protest and know they also haven't attempted to heal me. I do give them brownie points when I notice both my head and shoulder are bandaged, but they've left my swollen broken leg alone.

I test the cuffs and I'm delighted to find that they're a higher technology that melds to the shape of whatever position your hand's in.

Twisting my hand I curl my left hand fingers over each other, and painfully work my ring finger under the cuff, which slowly gives way. I rapidly start spinning my finger around my arm underneath the cuff, before lightning fast jamming my arm farther into the cuff, so it reaches about a centimeter from my elbow.

With my now-practically-free left arm, I slide their four fingers under the right hand cuff, and pull.

It indents in the shape of my fingers, and I rapidly pull my right arm out of the cuff. I repeat the process with my left, and then undo my waist belt.

I remain siting on the bed, in the possibility it has a weight sensor on it. I look at the wall then, right at the picture of a polar bear eating a seal.

The irony does not escape me.

I scoot up on the bed to get closer to the picture and study it, surprised that my reflection shows well in the slick glass.

Then I think about double mirrors and know that's what I'm dealing with.

Typical. They'd want to study me like a bug under a microscope. They'd want to know how a nineteen year old managed to take out most of the Avengers.

I clear my voice, before wincing as I accidentally put pressure on my poisoned and broken leg as I draw back. "Hey." I say, "I know you're watching me."

When nothing happens I continue, "Hey, I know it was you, Fury, who gave me those directions to 'Shield's' lab. I should have known it was you, seeing as only someone actually in Shield would know where one of your labs are." I realize I'm babbling, but I don't know what else to do but to draw them out if I can't go to them.

"You wore a pretty convincing eyeball."

This time I hear a short, trying-to-smother-it-as-soon-as-possible laugh reverberate in the second room.

"See, I'm funny," I grin like a maniac. "So I'm guessing you don't know my name, but that's okay. Most people just refer to me as the Jinx."

No more reaction, I change tactics, "If you don't come out, and I know you have questions, I'm going to mentally start the bomb that your best technicians are trying to disable right now."

I grin in my eyes mind, they didn't realize it, but my unconscious state automatically triggers the bomb I carried in my pack. Without my mental urging, it explodes after twenty-four hours. I have no worries of them disabling it, their technicians aren't nearly as skilled as I am.

There is no reply, but that doesn't surprise me. With my two fingers I touch my right right temple, with a flick of thought I switch the bomb (currently with 13 hours left) to a ten second detonation time.