A golden present

Katara left the bedroom in a hurry, after dressing quickly and placing the book under her pillow.

She struggled to put her shoes outside of her door and then she ran to meet the others, outside. I think I'm running too much this past time, she thought.

She was dressed in a simple, dark blue, long sleeved gown and under that she had her blue pants and her white sash was hanging around her waist. Her hair were pulled in a simple braid behind her, keeping them from her face and yet a few hair had escaped, giving her a hard time as they were falling in front of her face, making her blowing them aside every few minutes.

She arrived at the entrance of the palace finally where they were all waiting there and she walked to the enormous, closed doot that lead outside in the palace yard. So, don't think about the bird and you'll be having a wonderful time! Yeah, that's the spirit Katara! She sighed as she approached her friends. Just, don't think anything about this day and you'll be fine.

"Finally, you decided to show up" Sokka said as he crossed his arms and she sticked her tongue out to him. He ignored her and muttered something that sounded like 'Stupid sisters'.

"Pops is at the tea shop, already" said Toph from were she was standing next to the door.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Lets go!"said Aang enthusiastically. Two gaurds opened the huge door and immidiately the chilly wind got inside. Katara wrapped her hands around her, rubbing her arms and trying to create a little heat. She felt that someone was missing from here. She looked around and found that Zuko wasn't here. He woudn't come? He didn't want to? But he said he woudn't miss it for anything. Had she done something that upset him and he changed his mind? What had she done? Well, she hadn't treated him and with the best way when he had arrived after she had six whole months to see him. Not that she cared if he didn't want to come or anything. She frowned. Nope, she didn't care. He was losing.

"Hey, were is Zuko?" Suki asked what Katara wanted to ask. Katara's head turned to the question.

"Ooh yeah" Aang laughed and rubbed his head, embarrassed "I forgot to tell you. He left earlier."

Katara couldn't help but feel relieved, though she didn't want to know why. She felt that if she knew the reason, she wouldn't like it.

"Let's go then!" Sokka said and threw an arm around his girlfriend. They walked down the stairs quickly, heading to the carriages that were waiting them, trying not to get wet from the rain that was stronger than before. There were two carriages, and so Sokka and Suki got into one and the others got into the other. The ostrich horses started walking, dragging the carriages behind them and they soon left the palace.

......

They arrived at the tea shop and the guards left, saying that they would come after a few hours to pick them. They ran at the entrance and went quickly inside. Katara, with a flicker of her wrist, bended the water from herself and then smiled, pleased that she was warm again. She turned around and was meet by three pair of eyes that were looking at her.

"What?" she asked, her eyebrows twisting in confusion.

"Do you mind...?" said Sokka and gestured to his soaked clothes.

Her eyes widened in understanding "Oh, yeah" she bended the water from their clothes, throwing it in a vase. "Sorry." she apologised.

"Twinkle Toes went inside and didn't bother to do it" Toph said. She opened her mouth to ansewer but was interraptured.

"Miss Katara!" Iroh appeared in front of her and enveloped her in a hug "How good to see you" Katara smiled and hugged the old man back, saying that she missed him as well. When they had arrived at Ba Sing Se, a week ago, they hadn't found a chance to meet with him.