Chapter 3

Erica's point of view.

"I'm so sorry Erica, I totally spaced" Taylor began ranting on as soon as I had answered the phone. I was home now after this afternoons interesting events. I was layed on my bed staring up at the ceiling. "Don't worry about it" I muttered uninterested in hearing his excuses. "But you're mad at me" Taylor sighed on the other end of the phone. "I was, but I'm over it" I teased. Although I was still a little pissed at him there was no point in holding a grudge. Besides he was my best friend and I loved him and all of his flaws. "Meet me outside" Taylor whispered before the line went dead. I huffed, what ever for? It was a good job our houses was on the same Street.
I made my way out of my garden and onto the deserted Road. Where just metres away Taylor stood with a handful of cookies. I laughed as I made my way to him. He grinned as he pulled me in for a hug after placing the cookies in my pocket.
He began spinning me around in the air as I laughed hysterically. "Put me down" I giggled. "Not until you say you forgive me" Taylor laughed spinning faster. I began feeling dizzy, "Fine I forgive you!" I shouted, maybe a little too loud. Laughing as he put me down on my feet, jelly legs and all. "Good I thought we'd both puke by the time you said it" Taylor smiled as I lightly slapped his arm making us both laugh."come on" Taylor said as he grabbed my hand and started pulling me toward his house. "I'm hungry" he muttered simply as I gave him a strange look.
"I'll make the food, what do you fancy" I grinned back at him as I ran into his kitchen. His mum and dad where on there weekly date night and Taylor really couldn't fend for himself. So once a week I was left with a grumpy, hungry Taylor.
"How about chili" Taylor suggested as he jumped on the bar stool on the kitchen island. I smiled turning on the radio "chili it is." I began getting the ingredients together as I danced around the kitchen, singing along to the one direction song. "We're only getting older baby, and I've been thinking about it lately, does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes" I sang in perfect time to the music. It was one of my best qualities, I loved to sing and I was pretty good at it. Well I think anyway, everyone I knew seemed to think so. I was still singing and cooking food as I swayed my hips to the music when I heard Jake's voice "is there anything she can't do?" He had asked Taylor in almost a whisper. "Well she snores, pretty loud" he said loudly so I could hear. He laughed as I turned around giving him a glare "I do not!" I shrieked embarrassed, a blush spreading over my cheeks. I threw a handful of rice at Taylor as he laughed uncontrollably. Jake was laughing at me too, which made me want to hide under the counter and die of embarrassment. I ignored the two immature boys as I turned around and finished my chili.

"Enjoy" I said proudly as I passed two hungry men there food. "Thanks" Taylor somehow said with a mouthful of food. Ugh he was such a pig. "You didn't have to make me any Erica" Jake said shocked, "I wanted to" I whispered embarrassed "well I appreciate it, it looks incredible... thankyou" Jake smiled. "You're welcome" I grinned.
It took the whole of 5 minutes until everyone's food had gone, we had joked around for a bit and laughed about stupid things. Until I checked the time it was 11pm, I had school in the morning. "I best get going, I have a test in the morning" I sighed getting up off my seat. "I'll see you tomorrow cookie monster" Taylor picked me up and hugged me tightly, I giggled, "Put me down doofus." I rolled my eyes as he put me back on my feet. I walked to the door shouting my goodbyes when Jake jogged up to me "wait, let me walk you home it's pitch plack out there there" he said matter of factly. It gave me butterflies that he cared that much about my safety. "Okay" I whispered looking down at my feet.
I followed him out the door and down the street, I didn't dare look at him, I hadn't been alone with him since this afternoon and I was still embarrassed about it. We got to my garden when I finally got the courage to look up at him. He was watching me intensely, his eyes holding a thousand questions. "What's wrong?" I asked worried, what if he's found out. I mean I know I make it obvious with all the blushing I seem to do lately but come on, it had only been two days since he's been home. I can't be that easy to read. "I just can't get over how much you've changed" he smiled, "I mean you're not a kid anymore." I rolled my eyes, "it's only been 6 months Jake" I laughed. I didn't think I had changed that much. "6 months can change allot of things" he looked away lost in thought. I wondered what was going on in that perfect brain of his, what was he thinking? "Well I should get going" he said looking back over at me, his green eyes sparkling in the moonlight. My heart dropped, I didn't want him to go. He must of caught the said expression on my face because he chuckled pulling me in for a hug "goodnight Erica" he whispered as I breathed in his scent. This is what it was supposed to be like, this is where I belonged right here in his arms. He pulled away too soon, leaving me cold. "Goodnight" I whispered as he started to walk away. He turned with a big grin and waved, making my heart stop, he was the picture of perfection. Like he was made for just a dream.