3

I tapped my foot on the sidewalk as I waited for Ashton. It had been almost an hours after school ended and he wasn't out there yet.

I started walking down the sidewalk towards my house, muttering a few swears here and there. I wanted to kick him so hard. Although I shouldn't be surprised, it is Ashton.

I kicked a few pebbles, making them skip across the concrete. I really wanted to work on the project and get it done as fast as possible. That way my time with Ashton would be limited.

I was just about to put my earbuds in when a dark red car pulled up next to me and honked its horn. I rolled my eyes when I saw Ashton and a few others in the car.

"So now you decide to pick me up," I say looking Ashton straight in the eyes.

"Just get in."

I comply and get it the back next to Michael and Luke. Michael looked over at me and winked. I shook head and smirked as my face turned beet red. I turn to the window so no one would see me.

❉❉❉

"Have you started your project with Reilly yet?" I asked Michael, once I calmed down. It was taking awhile to get to Ashton's house so to pass the time I decided to start a conversation.

"Uh, no not yet. I'm busy tonight," he said nervously. I nodded slowly. I thought I was weird that he was nervous. Michael didn't seem like that kind of person.

I decided to just let it slip by. I mean I don't know Michael that well and just I was just sick of worrying.

But not asking where we were going wasn't a good idea.

❉❉❉

We pulled up next to a big house. Music blared from inside, making my chest feel strange. People stood outside laughing and holding cups.

I stayed in my seat, refusing to get out. I was angry for him bringing me here with out him telling me. I didn't want to go to a stupid high school party, I wanted to work. 

"Come on, Dakota," Ashton begged me. I shook my head as I stared at the passenger seat head rest.

He sighed and rubbed his hand threw his hair in frustration. "Please?"

I almost laughed, I couldn't believe he was saying please. I crossed my arms, ignoring him. He just stood there and crossed his arms. I won.

Suddenly he put his arm under my knees and the other on my my upper back. I didn't have time to respond as he lifted me out of the car bridle style.

He kept carrying me up the sidewalk towards the house. People looked at us strange, making me uncomfortable. "You can put me down now," I choked out. I was so nervous and the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy.

"You'll go inside?" He asked looking down at me, raising one eyebrow.

"Mhm."

He set me down gently and started walking. I followed closely behind him as we caught up with Michael and Luke.

I sat down on the couch next to Michael as Ashton veered off to go talk to a bunch of other guys. I tapped my foot nervously, wanting to leave right away.

"Would you like something to drink?" Michael asked me, putting his hand on my knee to make me stop tapping my foot.

"Uh... Can I have a coke?" I asked.

"What in it?" he asked with his hand still on my knee.

"What do you mean?" I laughed.

"Rum? Vodka?" He chuckled, looking at me as if I was crazy. Of course that's what he meant.

"I don't drink," I said looking down at my hands. I never had a drop of alcohol in my life and I don't intend to start now.

Michael just nodded and got up, leaving me alone. I fiddled with fingers, not knowing what to do. This was my first party after all. I wasn't even dressed for it. All the girls were in dresses while I was wearing skinny jeans and a plain red shirt.

❉❉❉

I waited for ten minutes and Michael still hadn't come back.

I looked my phone and saw three missed calls from my mom. "Shit," I mumbled. I knew I was going to be in big trouble if I didn't call her back. I may have forgotten to tell her I was going with Ashton.

I shimmied through crowds of people to get to the lawn, where it would be quieter. I walked over to the edge of the lawn and sat down. I pulled out my phone and sighed, not wanting to listen to the wrath of my mom.

"Dakota! Where the hell are you!" She screamed the second she picked up.

"I'm working on the project with my partner," I lied. "I'm sorry I forgot to tell you."

"Jesus Christ," she mumbled. "Well as long you are safe. I'm trusting you, Dakota."

"Okay, -" I started.

"Oh hey there you are Dakota," Michael slurred. No wonder he didn't come back to the couch, he was getting wasted.

I put my finger up to my lips and pointed to my phone, hoping he'd get the memo and be quiet.

"Oh is that your mom?" I nodded and he grabbed my phone. "Hey mrs. Dakotas mom. She's okay, we are at a partyyyy," he screamed, drawing out 'party'.

I snatched the phone away from him and slapped his arm. "You are where? Dakota! You are so grounded!" I instantly hung up the phone.

I was in the clear and he had to ruin it. I know I'd be hearing about it the moment I went home. So why not have a little 'fun'.

"Does this have alcohol?" I asked, pointing to the red cup in his hand.

He nodded with a goofy smile. I took it from him and downed it. Not even caring that it tasted horrible. I handed him the empty cup. He looked at my with wide eyes and I gave him a shrug.

I walked back to the house in search of more alcohol. I just wanted to forget everything.

I poured myself straight vodka. Not bothering to add anything. I drank it quickly, the burning feeling in my throat calming me.

I was just about to pour another when Ashton took my cup away. "Give it back," I wined. He shook his head disapprovingly.

I smirked and grabbed the bottle instead, trying to drink as much as possible before he could stop me. He angrily pried it away from me.

"You're done," he said sternly. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. I glared at him, but I soon started to laugh.

"You can't tell me what to do," I choked out as I laughed. He looked at me with an expression I couldn't read.

"Trust baby girl, I can," Ashton whispered, his breath smelling like vodka and smoke. I giggled as my stomach twisted from butterflies. I then started to feel sick. Maybe it was the vodka I just chugged or the smell of cigarette smoke, or both.

"What the-" he yelled as I harshly pushed him away.

I vomited all over my shoes and on the front of my shirt. I felt dizzy and I could feel a headache coming on. I looked at him through my eye lashes.

"Oh," he said in a sympathetic tone. He picked me up, even though I was covered in my own vomit. I nuzzled my head into his shoulder and fell asleep.

❉❉❉

Thank you so much StrawberryNovels for my new cover. It's amazing! Everyone go check out her stories. :)

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you to the moon and back~ Morgan