1

I always have the strangest cravings at the strangest times

I could be in the middle of driving to work and feel the sudden urge to stop and get a taco at Bubbakooz. Or I'll be getting a pedicure with my friend, Jordyn, and I'll want to run next door and get Rita's.

During those times however, I always get what I want.

Jordyn and I were on a drive to Myrtle beach for the my "birthday weekend" when I got the sudden urge to get a mango smoothie.

"Please!" I whined, bringing my knees up to my chest and holding them in my arms.

Jordyn rolled her eyes at me and turned down Main Street, heading straight towards the mall, leaving me with a feeling of accomplishment and a big smile on my face.

"I feel like I'm the boyfriend who spends all his time and money on you." She smirks, not moving her eyes from the road.

"You see," I started, "the only problem with what you just said is that you are not a boy, nor my BOYfriend." I laughed, before looking away from her and out the passenger side window, hearing her chuckle next to me.

"Damn right I'm not, I feel for the poor kid who is dating you." I gasp and turn my head back to her, quickly smacking her arm, "Hey! No hitting the driver!"

I just furrowed my eyebrows in response, "Michael is perfectly happy with me, thank you very much."

She sighed, "You're positive about that?"

"Of course I am, why would I not be?"

She quickly glanced at me before looking in her rear view mirror, "He hasn't been himself recently. You have to admit that you've noticed it.

Looking back I have, but they're just little things. He doesn't sit with us at lunch anymore, but he has other friends, I don't exactly expect him to give up all of his time just to sit next to me and eat a sandwich for half an hour. But then again he has cancelled on a lot of our dates within the past few months, but he has football practice and he also has some family problems. I understand that.

Other than that an a few more simple things like not responding to my text messages or calls sometimes, nothing has changed.

"He is so distant lately, Nicole. He has spaced himself from your friends, and we've all known him since we were all in preschool." Her face formed into confusion as she made a right turn into the parking lot.

"We're in high school, he's made other friends."

"We've been in high school for four years, Nicole." She grabbed her bag and got out of her car, quickly slamming the door shut behind her. "I just think you should have a talk with him is all, and if I am wrong an he is perfectly happy, then you can tell me "I told you so." a million times."

I gave her a small smile, "I appreciate it but lets not get too caught up in my relationship," I laughed, "We have to find you someone."

"Yeah, I'll settle down when you decide that a C is a good enough grade." She laughs, referring to me being terrified of a grade lower than a B.

I slapped her arm and chuckled, "Don't make fun, sorry that I know I can always do better."

She just smiled and kept walking, scanning all the people in the mall today.

A group of boys passed by, and I noticed one wink in our direction, I turn my head slightly and see Jordyn give a flirtatious smirk back. Chuckling to myself, I look straight ahead at the smoothie store in the food court.

After we both got our drinks we walk around the mall for a little, looking at our favorite stores, buying a couple things here and there. I mention that I needed a new sports bra, so we made out way towards PINK.

As we neared the store, I noticed a familiar figure standing outside, holding multiple shopping bags and playing on their phone. It was Michael.

I smile found its way onto my face as I stood in front of him. He noticed my presence and a look of shock appeared on his face.

"Nicole? Hey, what are you doing here?" He grabbed my arm and gave me an awkward kiss on the cheek, all his actions were hesitant.

"I had another craving so I made Jordyn stop here before making our way, what are you doing here?"

He looked around, noticing that Jordyn was a few feet behind me, and slowly nodded. His eyes were still wide with what I assumed was surprise, "I'm shopping with Jade, she wanted to stop in here really quickly." Jade was his younger sister.

"Oh, well tell her I said that once I get back, I'm going to take her to six flags so she can ride her first roller coaster." I smiled with excitement. I loved his younger sister, but she has always been to scared to ride roller coasters. I went on my first one with my cousin's girlfriend when I was around her age, so I decided that I would do the same for her and get her over her fear. I knew she would be scared, but love it afterwards.

"Alright I think I'm good to go." I knew voice rang behind me. I turned my head and saw a girl, a bit shorter than me, stopped next to Michael, "Oh hi, you must be one of Michael's friends, I'm Kira."

Confusion was clearly showing on my face, while Michael's showed he was nervous, a bead of sweat was falling from his furrowed eyebrows, he never was one for confrontation. "Actually, I'm Nicole, Michaels girlfriend." I moved closer to Michael's side and grabbed a hold of his hand, as I just stared up at him. Why was he acting so weird? I quickly glanced between the two of them, while Kira's eyes widened and jaw was agape. Her face began to go red as she just stared at Michael with anger evident on her face.

Michael seemed to be at a loss of words, his eyes flickering between me and Kira.

Wait... Did he..

"What's going on here?" I slowly pulled my hand away from him and stood a few steps back, towards Jordyn. I felt her two hands grasp onto my shoulder as if to calm me down.

"No Nicole, this isn't what it looks like!" He shakes his head and quickly steps towards me.

Kira stopped him and grabbed his attention by putting her hand up in his face, "And what is it then?"

He just stopped dead in his tracks, you could see all the gears trying to work in his head, trying to come up with an excuse.

"Nicole, I'm so-" Jordyn stopped him before he could say anymore.

She stood in front of me as if to guard me, "Save your half assed apologies for someone who cares, Michael. You wasted 3 years, I think it's time you leave her alone." And with that she grabs my hand and walks me away from the scene.

And I couldn't do anything but look down at my feet.

.

.

.

Word count: 1184

Photo of Nicole and Michael on the side!

I hope you enjoyed! Comment anything you want to see in the near future or opinions or anything really! I love hearing from you guys!