3

Rainy days and black umbrellas

Who's gonna save you now

can you cheat from underground

Melanie Martinez's voice played throughout my car as I drove to my school.

Today was the first day of senior year and I can already tell this year is going to be hell. I haven't spoken to Jordyn since the day she left my house, which was last week. I just didn't feel like being asked if I was okay constantly like I know  she would. I love that she cares so much for me, I do, but sometimes it does get extremely annoying when you get asked the same question five times within the last ten minutes.

I quickly reversed into my parking spot and made sure my pass was up against the windshield, showing I had paid for my spot.

Slamming the door behind me, I plugged my headphones into my phone and then placed the earbuds into my ears, playing my music, ignoring the rest of the world around me.

Obviously, ever since I found out Michael cheated on me, my attitude has been very different.

How do you think it will feel to think that someone loves you, only to find out you aren't good enough for them? Only to find out that they were cheating on someone that was your brothers ex-girlfriend, which I later found out from Ryder when he saw her walk up to Michael during football practice.

I found out her full name is Kira Williams and she is in the grade below us, the same as Ryder. No wonder I had no clue who she was. Ryder didn't date her for longer than a week though, he said she got clingy fast. Not wanting to hear anymore and telling him he wasn't helping me in the slightest bit, I pushed him out my door and I was left alone to think about Michael and that Kira girl together again.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, causing me to quickly spin around, only to come face-to-face with Owen Matthews. He recently went on a two month vacation in England to visit his family.

And before you ask, no he does not have one of those beautiful accents that brits have. He was born here, but his mother has a very heavy British accent. His father was born in America though. His mother came here for college and then met his father.

I slightly smiled up at him and grabbed him into a tight hug, after pulling my headphones out.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you right now." my voice was a bit muffled because my face was in-between his shoulder and neck.

"Woah, are you okay Nic? I know you wouldn't normally be this happy to see me." He chuckled, hugging me back just as tight.

I consider Owen as my third brother. He has been my best friend since we were born. My dad and his dad were best friends, which just means that their children are best friends as well.

I slowly pulled away from him, hitting him lightly on his bicep while laughing. "Yes I would be. I've missed you. You know how hard it is to deal with Jordyn everyday, saying how badly she needs another hookup." I turned around and kept walking down the hall, Owen following behind me. I felt him nudge me a little bit.

"She doesn't want to have a relationship?" His demeanor seemed to change since I mentioned it.

One night, at one of Michael's "famous" high school parties, Jordyn had gotten so drunk she just started to ramble on and on about how gorgeous Owen is and how sweet and genuine he is with her and she didn't even realize she was talking to both me and Owen.

A week or so later, after both of them talking to me, trying to figure out their feelings, they wound up hooking up. Don't ask me why they had sex instead of going on a date. I still, to this day, don't know nor understand. I just don't get them. It's obvious they both have feelings for each other. All I want to do is take them and sit them down in a diner, and leave them there.

"Yeah... I'm sorry I didn't realize I was saying it until it actually came out of my mouth." I looked down at my converse, feeling guilty.

"It's fine Nicole, really. I just don't have the guts to ask her. I would, though." I looked up and smiled at him, getting one in return.

I quickly pulled him into a quick hug before bidding him goodbye.

I walked down to C hall and into room 115, my homeroom.

I didn't really pay attention to anything besides my phone, until someone walked in fifteen minutes after the bell rang.

"Hi, sorry I'm late. I'm uh, new here and I don't really know my way around quite yet." the brunette quickly scratched the back of his neck.

I couldn't make out what he looked like just yet because his back was facing the class.

"Okay, name please?" Ms Wade looked up at him from her short, five foot height.

"um, Sebastian Reed?"

"Oh yes, okay well please take a seat next to Mason Dennings. Mason, raise your hand." Mason, a desk in front of mine, raised his hand. Sebastian nodded, thanking the teacher before turning to take his seat.

I studied him as he sat in the seat across from me. His cheek bones were a key feature to his face, it seemed, along with his plump and perfectly sketched lips. He had a bit of widows peek coming down his forehead, but the long hairs were gelled up into a small quiff.

He set his bag down and took in the space around him, until his chocolate brown eyes settled on mine.

We just stared back at each other in silence, slight smiles playing on our faces.

.

.

.

.

Word count: 1021

Well now you guys know another character. I'm really hoping that so far you guys have enjoyed, even though I'm only on chapter 2 :)

Picture of Owen Matthews and Jordyn Rae on the side.