5

Something I've always hated about school was the jammed hallways. My school may seem pretty big on the outside, but that's just because we have big auditoriums, gyms, lunch rooms, and a big library. The classrooms are average, but the hallways are small, but it sort of makes it less confusing.

Pulling my sweaters sleeves down to my finger tips, I anxiously bite my nails as I stood in the hall, waiting for the people in front of me to move. I was never one to push my way through. I just stood and waited until they moved out of my way. Obviously in my head I'd be rolling over whoever was in front of me with a bulldozer, but I would never just nudge past them like I'd like to.

It makes me feel uncomfortable. I know when someone does that to me, I get annoyed, like there's a thing called personal space, bub. But y'know, since we have these tiny hallways, we can barely move.

We have block scheduling, which is two different schedules of four classes a day, every other day. For instance, you can have English, then your science class, then gym, and then history, then the rest of your classes are the next day, alternating every day.

As the crowd moved along, I stopped in front of classroom W114, and stepped inside. I looked around and met a pair of brown eyes looking back at me. Probably scared I'd rip his head off if he even breathed the same air as me.

I haven't spoken to Michael since the break up. This was my first class, and hopefully only class, in which I have seen him, and I can tell you the shock on his face when he saw how distraught I still look, was completely noticeable.

I wasn't crying over him like I did the first week. Now I was crying over my stupidity. How could I have been so naive to not realize all that had changed? He didn't act different in the beginning, but then he started to falter when he was around me. He'd bring up inside jokes, that we didn't have. He'd say "remember that time..." And I wouldn't know what he is talking about. He would tell these stories about him and his 'friend' and say "you had to be there to understand.", and I realize now that he never once said that friends name.

He must have loved her. He must still love her. He fell out of his love with me, I know that, I just hoped that it wasn't before we had broken up.

I still longed for the times we shared when we did love each other. He would always call me his girl around his friends. I loved that, and he knew it. He would always hold my hand whenever we were out in public, showing that not only was I his, but he was mine. His friends used to tell me whenever he would say something about me, or something we had done together that he just had to tell his boys, a smile would never leave his face. He would stare at me, with a longing look, whenever he could. His mom would joke around saying "your girlfriend isn't going anywhere sweetie, please eat your pasta." And I would blush, something he told me he always loved.

But now that's over. Everything between us is gone. I don't blush when someone mentions our relationship. Instead of his eyes filled with longing, they're filled with sadness. Everything between us is gone.

I walked over to a seat, making sure it was farthest away from him, and placed my bag down. From the corner of my eyes, I could see two boys walk in, both talking to each other. I sat down and turned to look at them. It was Owen and Sebastian, both seeming very intrigued with the topic they were discussing. I couldn't help but watch as the both waved their hands around, Owen's faced filled with mock anger, his words seemingly laced with sarcasm.

He must have felt my stare because he turned in my direction and smiled when he saw I was sitting alone. He waved over at me, and I slowly moved my hand, wishing he wouldn't have done that. I looked away from the two, but still felt a tingle sensation at the back of my head. I turned and looked back, seeing the two watching me as they began to walk over. I quickly spun around and sunk lower into my seat.

I didn't want to sit with him. Ever since that time in the woods, I didn't want to see him again. He was like any other guy, a complete douche-bag.

"Hey there best friend!" I felt a hand on my shoulder. Knowing it was Owen's, I placed my hand on top of it and smiled. "And how are you on this fine day?"

I turned and looked at him, slightly laughing as he placed his bag own, "I'm doing alright. What's got you in a good mood?"

"Well, you see-"

Before he got a chance to speak, Sebastian interrupted him, "He asked this chick Jordyn out on a date." He smiled at his new friend. Gross.

"You did?" My voice raising, " How come I wasn't informed?"

Owen just shrugged his shoulders, "I mean, didn't think it was that big of a deal."

My eyes widened. "Are you being serious? You asking my best friend out, is not a big deal?" I slapped his shoulder lightly, "You have to get my approval before even saying anything to her."

"Well that ship has sailed. We've done more than just talk, honey." He winked at me. I jokingly gagged at him, his face scrunching up in mock hurt.

Throughout the next hour and a half of class, I had to listen to the two boys sitting with me just talk and talk about random things. Ranging from Sebastian trying out for football to what they think Owen and Jordyn should do on a date. I was trying to pay attention but I did learn something in this class. Boys really like to gossip.

Not just gossip about who their favorite 'hot' Kardashian is, but straight up talk crap about random people in this school. Of course they talked about Michael and how he cheated on me, making me lose focus of my work.

"Can you guys just stop!" I dropped my pencil on my desk and just stared straight ahead.

Both shocked at my sudden outburst, their eyes widened as they watched me breath in and out.

"I'm sorry, but what is going on?" Sebastian looked back and forth between Owen and me.

"It's fine. Just both of you, please, shut up." I grabbed my pencil and began to write down more of the notes that Mr. Hurr was writing on the board.

All you heard, for the rest of the period, was the sound of my pencil scratching against my paper.

_____________________________________________

Word count: 1252

I wrote this in my Freshmen Focus class, so that's fun! I wanted to update since I never do lately, so I have free time in class and thought, hey why not? I just have so much work and stress from school since I just started high school, and I haven't had so much time with homework, field hockey games and practice, and really my life in general. But thank you for being patient!