Chapter 10- One With A Bullet

I was bored out of my mind.

I've seen things. Things that you can't erase from your mind.  Like the fact that Dale snored, talked and drooled in his sleep. Or the fact that he has a nasty habit of picking his nose.

I suppose I had bad habits too. Like hurting people when they said something stupid. Using sarcasm way too often. Insulting people like I was complimenting them.

Basically, the plan was to follow Dale wherever he went and hope that he led me to whatever agency slash group he's working for. Which admittedly, if all went well, I'd easily get to. Kick a bunch of butts and get out of there as a level one 553 agent. 

Dale suddenly shifted and stood up, smoothing out the non-existent wrinkles on his dark grey turtleneck. He reached for his leather jacket and hesitantly put it on, doing it carefully as if he was...

Injured. He's injured.

I flipped my comm on and waited a few seconds before murmuring, "Dale's injured. Right shoulder. Judging by his actions it's been a week or so."

I waited for an answer before Zack responded, cutting off the other agents. "TrianOut," he said, his blunt tone preventing me from seeing the significance. I didn't respond, waiting for any information as the murmurs of the other agents filled the line. Finally Blake clocked in from wherever he was. Zack finally responded with, "Level 4 agents and below comm out."

Clicks of comms being disabled resonated as the agents still on the line confirmed their clearance level while I said, "Ryder, Consultant. I'm not clocking out of this one. This is my mission."

"Good," Aiden stated, cutting off anyone else from responding. "'Cause your stubbornness is still needed."

"TrianOut used to be a 553 base full of agents," Zack calmly explained over Aiden's voice. "They went rogue a year ago, for some unknown reason. They were close to this base, in the same city. We had some good loyal agents in there. They attacked a day before you came full out, trying to infiltrate the base."

"We have no idea how a whole base of agents could turn loyalties like-" Blake started.

"Stop. Tell her what actually happened to those agents that caused them to turn," Aiden suddenly hissed, seemingly offended. I looked up from the tablet momentarily where Dale was gathering his weapons, probably ready to move. I looked back to see him tucking a gun into the waistband of his jeans and a knife into the bottom of his boots.

"Forget your catfight, he's getting ready to move out," I interjected, sliding until I was pressed up on the wall next to his door. "And if you know where the base was, why didn't you ambush them?"

"We've tried, high security. And affirmative, we'll disable the tracker when you're ready," Blake confirmed, probably trying to change the topic from whatever lies they didn't want me to uncover.

I let a smirk cross my face while I loaded my gun and tucked it into the waistband of my black jeans. Reaching into my pocket, I took out a small device the size of an EOS lip balm. "Disable it using what? The remote I have in my hands?"

Silence.

"Well done." Aiden said sarcastically. "You do know how to use a gun right?" 

I ignored his remark, looking down at the feeds to see Dale taking his hand and placing it on the wall between two of the many computer screens. The feeds suddenly went into static, but not before I saw everything in the office turn off. Cursing loudly I prepared myself to go in.

"He used an EMP, feeds are off. I'm going into comm silence," I whispered hurriedly, taking one of the many hidden knives out from underneath my ponytail-styled hair. Flipping it so the handle was in my hand, I reached out and turned the comm off while simultaneously hitting the off switch on the tracker device remote.