Prologue

--???'s POV--
My soldiers and I plan to strike at midnight. Which is soon, very soon: The "heroes", as they're called will have no way of knowing we're coming. The plan is intact. We are prepared. Prepared to complete the mission... To retrieve him.

*Midnight*

We silently entered the boy's home, as silent as shadows should be. I signaled my squadron to stop and I snuck into his bedroom, hearing his soft snoring disturbing the peaceful silence of the night. I crept closer to him... Close enough to feel his warm breath upon my chilled cheek.

Suddenly his eyes shot open, fear evident in them as he quickly scurried to the other side of the room. I wasn't concerned in him escaping, so I slowly and confidently strided his way. As I neared, he scrambled to the doorway in attempt to escape.

My soldiers were ready, however, and quickly intercepted the young, foolish man as he made a run for it. He struggled profusely, much more than I anticipated he would be able to, as my men attempted to bind his hands. I smirked. Perhaps this human will be even more of use than I imagined.

He thrashed around a bit, but my men had him- hands securely tied behind his back, facing me angrily. The anger in his eyes quickly changed to fear as I revealed the syringe full of vile black shadow blood from behind my back.
He began struggling and attempting to back away once again.

"Pesky human." I muttered to myself, "Why must you make this so difficult?"  I sighed and quickly knocked him out with a swift blow to the head.

I evilly smiled as my men held him up and I plunged the needle into his neck. Time to release the shadows... The shadows within.