6 - "Persuasion"

--Jordan's POV--

My eyes opened to only darkness. I felt the fabric tightly pulled again my eyes, so I knew I was blindfolded. I made a move to remove it and found that I was also tied to what seemed to be a metal chair, as I should have expected. A hot breath blew across my neck, and I very quickly realized that I wasn't alone. I stiffened. My sense of both sight and touch taken from me, I only tried to lean away as I let out a shaky breath.

"Well hello, Jordan..." An ominous voice whispered in my ear. "How was your rest?" The snake-like voice of who I assumed to be Death sent chills down my spine and made my hairs stand on end.

"P-Please stop... Leave me alone" I whispered, still shaken by  the ghastly encounter with the little girl.

He lightly chuckled. "I would, if you only did a simple job for me..." He cooed, lightly caressing my cheek. At this point, I was highly uncomfortable and simply wanted for him to get away.

"No. I refuse to do anything to help you!" I sneered. I felt him straighten and heard his retreating footsteps away from me.

"You'll regret that." He sinisterly stated, as if it were a fact, not only a threat. I knew that something bad was bound to happen because that's what happens in every action movie, right?

-----Time Skip-----

When I finally heard footsteps again, I had been left alone with my thoughts for seemingly forever. I dunno if they were trying to drive me insane or whatnot, but it certainly didn't make me want to join them anymore, as my anger had only been fueled.

"Welcome back!" I sarcastically exclaimed, "Care to let me see...?"

It seemed as if he had ignored my comment, but to my surprise, I felt my blindfold slide off and was greeted with the ugly sight of Death's ghastly face. He must have noticed my evident confusion as he then pulled up a chair across from me and casually sat.

"Well, Jordan..." he began, "I still need you to do the deed, and since my previous trick didn't seem to work, you've left me to have no other choice but to try other methods." My face must have fell because upon glancing at my probably fearful eyes he chuckled and said, "At the Shadows, the person has to choose to do jobs or to join... I can't make you do anything unless you give verbal consent."

I smirked, thinking that he wouldn't be able to do anything to me but I nearly choked on my own spit when I heard an sinister voice mumble, "Who says I can't make you consent?"
Well, shit.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hey guys! Sorry if my updates aren't always super consistent because lots of things are going on... But I hope you're enjoying the story so far!! Let me know down in the comments! <3 <3