Chapter 1: What?

And there he was, the nicest, happiest, most amazing person you would ever now, wearing a smirk through his face as he paid attention to the class, probably he was thinking on how to make my day any better... If you didn't catch it, I'm definitely being sarcastic. Who could it be, you ask? No one other than the ''oh so great'' Damon Corbett, my biggest enemy; I have to say I love his name though, it fits him perfectly, it sound just like the demon he is. I remember how it all started, like if it had been yesterday.

********

It was a Friday, and I was waiting for my mom to bring us some food for dinner but she was late, something unusual for her really, that woman is always on time; but I just didn't give much of my attention to it. Then I heard someone ring the bell and my dad, being as lazy as he is of course had to use the ''Open the door honey, I'm busy.'' Busy my ass, he was watching a game. And guess what? I still went, big mistake. My mom and a strange tall, blond, green eyed boy passed right through the door.

''Honey, this is Damon. Damon, this is my daughter Scarlett.'' Then she looked at me, ''Damon is staying with us for a while.''

Damon gave me what I now would call a 'Damon smile'; one fake smile that could pass as real through even the most strict soldiers eyes, and proceeded to kiss my hand. ''A pleasure to meet you.''

Wow he's cute and nice, yay me. A cute brother might be all that I needed... At least those were my thoughts at the time. Foolish, little Scarlett.

''Isn't he a complete gentleman? You should learn some manners, give a good impression to our guest.'' To that, Damon just chuckled. While I, to that, gave the most intelligent answer you could ever give. ''What?'' Definitely my type of answer.

''Please, don't drool over my carpet.'' She laughed. I hadn't noticed that my staring had become too obvious. ''But yes Scar, you heard me, you better be nice to him. Now guide him to the guest room, no buts.'' My mom said while going to the kitchen with the bags full of food.

I saw him smirk, I gave him a great show. I sighed in defeat and muttered ''Follow me.'', we went upstairs, I showed him what would be his room. I couldn't read his face, he just looked around for a bit, with the best blank face I've ever seen... As I examined him I noticed little details such as his perfect eyebrows, his thin pink lips and those hypnotizing emerald eyes. He then noticed I was staring at him again, I couldn't resist, he seemed like he just stepped out of a fantasy book. "'What? Too sexy for you buttercup?'' He said with a grin on his face. The angel I was seeing just transformed into a demon.

What just happened to the guy downstairs? Who am I even talking to? ''You wish. Why are you even here?'' I said rolling my eyes.

''Feisty, I like that.'' He laughed as he avoided my question and started taking steps in my direction. ''That's for me to know, and for you to find out.''

Oh no, he didn't just say that. That's when I realized, an intruder just entered my home and I needed to get his butt out of my house. I was just about to slap him but hey guess what, Mr. IKnowYouWantSomeOfThis grabbed my hand just in time and had his face way too close to mine. And I repeat, way... Too... Close. Of course my face showed some color, is not every day that you find your face millimeters away from a 'not so ugly' face. ...Okay, maybe he is very attractive, but I'll just give him that.

At least my dad shouts came to the rescue, dinner was ready. He laughed and separated from me, he just started the war.

-------

I clenched my fists at the thought of that but then I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked up and saw my one and only best friend, Matt. He was wearing a mask, but I noticed it was him because of his long brown hair.