Chapter 4: Chicks Dig Glasses

"Who is it?" I heard him say from the other side of the door with a passive-agressive tone. Oh what I would have paid to just see the look on his face.

"It's Scarlett, I came to apologize." I said blatantly lying.

"To apologize? The girl who just angrily said how much she hated my guts? Not a chance Buttercup." I just imagined him with a big grin across his face, being so happy knowing that he knew how to push my buttons. Ugh.

"My dad sent me, fine? Can you open?" I said now raising my voice a little, showing my exasperation.

"Oh..." I heard just a big silence coming from his room. "Guess what?"

"...What?" I asked confused.

"I don't care."

That stupid little prick... If it wasn't for the fact I knew my mom would be the one to make me in a 'not so free way' say sorry to him, I wouldn't be doing this in the first place. Maybe I should just count how many knifes there are in the kitchen. Sounds theurapetic to me.

After having that attitude of his, I didn't care if I got to see something I shouldn't, I simply forgot about the "do's and don'ts" for a bit, and opened the door without caring if I even saw him naked for pushing my luck... Funny thing is I didn't see him naked, but I saw something that shocked me even more. I saw the green eyed monster being a four-eyed one. (No hate to people who wear glasses, I do too, but when it's one of the superficial twats wearing them... Oh isn't it great to poke fun at them with so little?) I couldn't help but laugh. He just shoved the glasses fast to any other place far from his face as if it would change the fact I saw him.

"Okay, let me get this straight... Damon Corbett, aka Demon, aka Mr. ILookPerfect wears GLASSES? Oh boy, oh boy, would've never guessed. Would chicks still dig you like that?" I said teasingly while still laughing at the image and then finally taking the time to actually see his room. It hadn't sinked in yet, but now that I realized it, I was very weirded out to see that my room was more of a mess than his. I always expected him to be the type of guy that had posters of naked ladies on his wall and trash all over the floor.

"Buttercup, really? Didn't they teach you that you can't enter others people's bedrooms without permission? And the glasses are just whatever, just don't mention it will you." He said without even bothering to look at me, working on his computer.

"Well, technically it isn't your room, it just happens your stay is a long one for reasons I don't know... And if you didn't care about the glasses you would still have them on." I said while playing with my phone on his bed. It was actually a very comfortable place to be.

He kept silent for a few seconds, and then answered "I guess that's true; the first part. The second one isn't Buttercup, handsome comes in every package you put me in." He said as he put the glasses on and kept working to show me 'wrong'. Isn't he competitive? He should learn a little feom me, it would do him good.

I rolled my eyes. Narcissist. "So... Why are you here?" I tried saying without sounding rude. Didn't really work.

He sighed. "Long story short, your mom kind of found me in the streets, talked a little with me and decided to take me in."

...What? I was dumbfounded and felt now like the douche. I had told him he had no other problems than the superficial ones and now he was telling me... Scarlett you're an idiot. A big one. How come I didn't know until now? How was he so calm? Did he even have a family?

"But- You- I-" I was stuttering in disbelief.

"Buttercup, at least get that nervous when I am indeed looking at you. My back is sexy, but not enough to make you stutter like that." I couldn't see his face, but because of the things he was saying I knew he had the biggest smirk all over his face.